• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Does anyone wear their Apple Watch while playing sports?

thecondor33

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought I invented the first "iWatch Sweatband" because I wasn't about to not wear it to work but in concrete construction things can get rough especially around gritty concrete/sand/grout etc... So I cut several bands from a black tube sock and then covered my wrist watch perfectly even quite strikingly I might add! It also makes you more low profile if you don't want to draw attention to it for whatever reason or circumstances.

Great idea. Do you have a photo you could share? Would love to see what it looks like.

viewfly

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Buy a tennis sweat band and wear it over the watch for some bump protection. //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/03/31c48f8dcaaa3235b56e05da4eb409fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pair is $7.99 Amazon Prime. 17 colors. Thick cotton Terry Cloth. I use outside for dirty environments, lawn mowing, prevents scratching from bumps or dirt. And I used it at at the gym.

Wear the pair and you have a sweat band too. Easy to flip aside and peak to see the watch faceplate.

Easier than removing band to install a Spigen cover.

https://www.amazon.com/Suddora-Wris...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2564972

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Wear mine all the time at the station, gym, on the engine, at the office. No issues.

Use it and enjoy it.

viewfly

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Heart rate monitor work while lifting I guess?

yes, indeed it does. The heart rate monitor works best if you chose an exercise mode, like 'other'. it measures the heart rate more often, which would be better for a short weight lifting workout, for determining calories used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I use Fitness Point Pro while lifting. It lets you create workout choose the exercise record sets and weights. It's pretty good, graphs your progress for each exercise. Not perfect but the best gym tracking apple watch app I've found.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman