Does anyone have an Otterbox Defender? If so, how is it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got the OtterBox Defender for my iPhone 6, and I'm definitely having trouble bringing up the Control Panel. This may be amplified by the fact I also have the Zagg GLASS protector installed, but I'm not quite keen on the idea of removing either that or the OtterBox shield.

Had the same issue with the Griffin Survivor case I switched from, but eventually figured it out -- but with the OtterBox's hard plastic casing covering right up to the edges of the screen it's definitely going to be more difficult.

Did you find a specific method that works best for you? I seem to be able to *randomly* pull up the Panel if I just keep flicking at it from the "edge" of the Home/Touch ID button...
It's a little finger trick that's hard to explain. I set my index finger into the very bottom of the screen sideways, then roll my finger in a swipe up manner. You have to get your finger as much into the crevice as possible. It took some practice, but it's no longer an issue. I get it on the first try 95% of the time. I really don't use the Control panel much. Mostly to turn music off.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
On the 6 otterbox it's not really an issue for the control panel just pull it up where the cut out is for the home button.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It keeps going through my head but the pink isn't available yet? And it has grey I have the gold (champagne) I'm aware nobody even myself will see it BUT I love this color and it hides everything HOWEVER it's a great case!
I was thinking maybe grabbing a wallet otter till the lifeproof comes

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77