Docking for charge and sync

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Lots of cheap docking stations on eBay plus the TIPB store. What have you used? What's good and what should be avoided?

miked#IM

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm coming around to thinking that the Apple one -- overpriced as it is (and does NOT come with a cable!) -- is the only way to go. I have a cheapo ebay one that doesn't work with iPhone: gives the "use airplane mode" popup, and sometimes won't sync right. I've also tried the Seido jr. dock. Every four or five times my PC says that the iPhone disconnected or timed out before syncing was finished. It somewhat corrupts the iPhone, in that I have to resync successfully again, or my non-Apple apps stop working (weird, I know). Sometimes when I plug the iPhone into the dock, it doesn't even recognize it.

I got the Seido dock because my iPhone has a case. What I've decided to do is just not use an insert/adapter with the Apple universal dock (I have the Apple iPhone-specific dock, but that absolutely requires no case), so that the iPhone w/case fits no problem. At the very least, that's what works with the Griffin charger (non-sync) dock, and the various Bose SoundDocks we own.

I don't know why it's so hard to make a proper dock . . . .

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered the Seidio Innocase II and want to get a dock for the phone. Which dock will work with that case as I don't want to have to take case off to charge/sync the phone.

the above post mentioned Seidio case so I am going to start there to check it out, but perhaps someone already knows the answer.

thanks

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I am using Av Lab iPod/iPhone Docking Station right now.It gives easy access to a USB port for charging and syncing with your iPod or iPhone. You can even connect it to a TV or speakers plus you get a remote to control it from across the remote.So I guess this is the best that I can have.
And you can get it in Buy.com for $18.99 + Free Shipping. That?s a savings of $16 from the original $34.99 price tag..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77