Do Use Your iPhone 4 In A Case?

iPhone with a case or without???

• Total voters

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Im rolling with a black bumper as well but I think I'm going to take the plunge into an Otter Box

Good choice.... Otterbox offers great protection. I put a Commuter case on my new iPhone4 as soon as possible. It went naked for a few days which scared the heck out of me...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Im rolling with a black bumper as well but I think I'm going to take the plunge into an Otter Box

I like the black bumper. I've always carried my cellphone in a case on my hip. I would break it if it were in my pocket. I'm a Postal guy who would probably bump into something and crack the glass, otherwise.

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
If I use a case I'll use my bumper. Mainly because I have a silver metal back piece on my phone that I replaced the back glass with. So I like to show that off, and I like how the bumper adds a little grip to my phone.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
bumper scratches????

I was thinking of getting a bumper from Apple. I heard that they are scratching the sides if the iPhone4. I want to use something like that at home and use my Otterbox Commuter while I am at work. Any feedback from anyone on this issue?????

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If u want a bumper get a zagg sides
And then use a bumper put the bumper after 24 hours of application
Then put the bumper on carefully and your done!
Then wen u take the bumper off your zagg might be scratched but when u take ur zagg off your phone will be in gr8 condition

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a bumper from Apple. I heard that they are scratching the sides if the iPhone4. I want to use something like that at home and use my Otterbox Commuter while I am at work. Any feedback from anyone on this issue?????

I haven't had any scratches from bumpers but slider cases have been a issue for scratching for some users.

CarrieC

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I started out with the otterbox defender series(black). I really liked the look but it was way to bulky. So then I bought the incase monochrome "blueberry" slider. I also like the look and feel of this one but the one draw back is that if you use a screen protector the case will make it bubble up on the edges. Then I moved to the incase clear snap case. It fit well with my screen protector, did not add any bulk to the phone but the smudging was way to much to deal with. Plus you could see even the smallest of scratches on the case which was enough to drive me up the wall. I am now currently using the incase perforated snap case in purple. Also comes in black. I think I have found a case that will suite my needs very well. It has the perfect balance of smoothness and grip. The purple color is very vibrant. The perforation gives the case a great look. All in all, incase makes some really nice cases but they need more color choices.

wkr08

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 cases I use depending on what I'm doing. I have an SGP Neo Hybrid Matte, a Seidio Innocase II Surface w/belt clip, and right now I've got the Ballistic SG case on the phone. The Ballistic case is an equivalent to the Otterbox Commuter case.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Mine went to an Otterbox Commuter one day #1. I just bought an Otterbox Defender. I love this case much thinner than 3G version.:) It is actually not that much thicker than the iP4 Commuter.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
The second I bought my phone I put a case on it. I bought from walmart and they didn't have cases on launch day. I put my 3GS case on it for two days until I could find a case. I didn't even know about the death grip issue until I read it online. I just was not taking chances with my new glass phone.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a red and black OtterBox Commuter and a Case-Mate matte finish screen protector. I did have a red OtterBox Defender but got tired of the bulk and lint attracting.

Sent from iPhone Tapatalk

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I go back and forth between an Apple bumper (which does scratch the metal band), and a Mophie Juice Pack Plus. The bumper is for light use while the Mophie is a much better case that can recharge the battery.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Free bumper

I got my iPhone a few weeks ago and put an Otterbox Commuter case on it. I really like the case, But I also like to switch cases on occasion. Well, I heard Apple stopped giving away free bumpers. I called Apple the other day and asked them about a free bumper. They approved it and said I should receive it in a few days. It arrived the next day via FedEx !!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked that it arrived so quickly. Talk about GREAT customer service. WOW. I said "good bye" to the BlackBerry world and I will never look back. I love my iPhone4. I can thank my 11 year old daughter for convincing me to switch. On my birthday a couple of weeks ago, my daughter and wife gave me the iPhone. BEST Birthday ever!!!!!!

Maury27

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I got my first iPhone in October a iPhone 4, Since i've bought 4 cases, first a I got the Incase snap, then a black bumper, the a Syilcrlic hybird case from incipio and now a incase slider I think i like the bumper the best out of all, but it scratched up the phone a little, Luckily apple exchanged the phone and i started using another case.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I just bought myself a new White universal bumper and a black one...
Been using it for a week no scratches so far but am going to clean it everyweek as my phone gets alot of dust on it...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien