Dim iPhone Screen After Updating to iOS 10.2.1

BiscuitAlex

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
I've had that happen when the phone was getting too hot and it was trying to protect itself. (I'd stupidly left it on a heating vent.) Once I moved it and cooled it down, it went back to normal.

Anything like that?

Hey I just searched this because it happened and I am noticing my phone is hot. I think this is the reason

andro_l

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
After updating to iOS 10.2.1 I have noticed that my iPhone screen gets very dim. I check and I have brightness turned all the way up. Is this a new feature in the update or a bug that needs to be fixed?
settings/general/accessibility/Display Accommodations /Reduce White Point -->OFF

After upgrading my iPhone SE to 11.2.2 I had the same problem. very dim screen even when fully charged. with previous IOS version i never had my phone on more than 50% brightness and after upgrade had to have it up to 100%... auto brightness is always off in my settings. I was trying to figure out a reason for that and found that settings/general/accessibility/Display Accommodations has two options: auto-brightness (which was off) and Reduce White Point option with a slider that was at 80%. sliding down to 25% (lowest possible) or turning this off solved the problem.
Reduce White Point apparently reduces intensity of bright colours - aka dims your screen 30-50%. So, turn it off and enjoy your phone. Andro :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McElvy