Did you own one of these?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I owned a Palm Treo 700P. The constant rebooting and the horrors of Verizon’s preinstalled software that you couldn’t get rid of.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Nice D. I never had that sweet Blackberry, only used the flips from Motorola until my first HTC in 2009.

Memory lane: Apple bestsellers in 2003 — I think — was iPod 3rd gen, Power Mac G4, PowerBook 3, iMac 3.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Nope, I missed that one. This was my second smart device. And first mod was the colored track ball.

c9dfbe7d166ad7b5f9f50f973f97790c.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I did not own any PDA at all ! I have just seen the invoice for my first mobile phone, in the year 2,000. I had a couple of pagers before that. The down side of mobile devices at that time was connectivity, in my area (SW London) the only reliable carrier was Orange (in terms of connectivity only !) and the phones that went with that in terms of reliability were Nokia. There was no point in having sophisticated kit that did not have a connection most of the time. I had seen all that in the early eighties with sad men looking wistfully at the Motorola brick that they had taken out to lunch to show off with !
I never saw anybody actually take a phone call. So for all those lucky people who had a signal, good on yer !

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Before I came to the world of iPhone, I had a T-Moblie Dash. I LOVED IT. I could get on to FACEBOOK! LOL! I thought I had arrived... and little did I know what I was missing. :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did not own any PDA at all ! I have just seen the invoice for my first mobile phone, in the year 2,000. I had a couple of pagers before that. The down side of mobile devices at that time was connectivity, in my area (SW London) the only reliable carrier was Orange (in terms of connectivity only !) and the phones that went with that in terms of reliability were Nokia. There was no point in having sophisticated kit that did not have a connection most of the time. I had seen all that in the early eighties with sad men looking wistfully at the Motorola brick that they had taken out to lunch to show off with !
I never saw anybody actually take a phone call. So for all those lucky people who had a signal, good on yer !

Back then, people weren’t having full blown conversation on their mobile phones because we were all being charged by the minute. The conversions were like, “Hey babe. I’m on the way home. Do you need me to pick up anything? Okay bye”….(laughing)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had A LOT of the aforementioned devices ever since I caught the bug with the whatchamacallit from Sprint Spectrum. Thanks for trip down memory lane. Fantastic!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Blackjack II. One of my favorites from around 2005-06. All the buttons were so “clicky”. I loved it. So did my daughter when I passed it down to her.
8644201_sa.jpg
Did you have the red one ? , so cool. I worked at some high-end electronics stores back in that era, and the vendors were literally giving us phones or selling them to us highly discounted. I remember the employee plans were $25 a month for unlimited minutes, data and texts because they wanted you to be on that phone in the public eye as much as possible. At the time the only people that used cellphones during the day were corporate/professionals, rockstars, and drug dealers. Everybody else was stuck waiting till 7pm for their nights & weekends plan to kick in. I swear people would lose their shit if they saw you order a pizza @ 12:30pm on your CELLPHONE! "OMG how can you just waste your minutes like that?!";)

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I never had a Palm device. My first smartphone was the Nokia E62. I loved Symbian and Blackberry OSes. The only red phone I've had so far is the Nokia Lumia 920 which was Windows Phone. I agree that phones were so much more exciting back in the day than they are now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73