Delete outdated podcast from iTunes

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am a newbie coming over from Android, and I have an iTunes question. Giant Bombcast recently changed its RSS feed and I can't get the old one to go away. In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 11.05.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 11.05.14 PM.png
    356.2 KB · Views: 9

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is an iTunes 10 article, and that seems to be an article for a podcaster, not an end user.

Thanks though.

You wrote: "...In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated."
That statement led me to provide the above link. My apologies for misunderstanding your original post. Now, I have a MacBook and I subscribe to podcasts, however, I use the InstaCast and Downcast app on my iPhone and iPad. Anyway, I fired up the iTunes app on my MacBook and randomly subscribed to a podcast. After the podcast was downloaded, I right-clicked on it. The menu that appeared contained the option "Delete". I selected "Delete" and then a confirmation message appeared. I confirmed that I wanted to delete it and VOILA! it was deleted. See the attached screenshots.
Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 2.21.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-06 at 2.21.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-06 at 2.21.25 PM.png

Last edited:

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
You wrote: "...In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated."
That statement led me to provide the above link. My apologies for misunderstanding your original post. Now, I have a MacBook and I subscribe to podcasts, however, I use the InstaCast and Downcast app on my iPhone and iPad. Anyway, I fired up the iTunes app on my MacBook and randomly subscribed to a podcast. After the podcast was downloaded, I right-clicked on it. The menu that appeared contained the option "Delete". I selected "Delete" and then a confirmation message appeared. I confirmed that I wanted to delete it and VOILA! it was deleted. See the attached screenshots.
View attachment 27988View attachment 27989View attachment 27990

Thanks for the reply, I guess I am asking how to get rid of the podcasts that are on the left. i.e., the actual podcast feed itself not the podcasts themselves. Can you reference the first screenshot on the parent post? When I click the podcasts that are on the left, I dont' have a "delete" option. Thanks again!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I guess I am asking how to get rid of the podcasts that are on the left. i.e., the actual podcast feed itself not the podcasts themselves. Can you reference the first screenshot on the parent post? When I click the podcasts that are on the left, I dont' have a "delete" option. Thanks again!

I'm not near my computer at the moment. Heck, I'm not even at home...lol...Anyway, if you simply unsubscribe, that should delete it. I'll verify the actual steps when I get back home.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am a newbie coming over from Android, and I have an iTunes question. Giant Bombcast recently changed its RSS feed and I can't get the old one to go away. In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

In the View on the right panel in your screen-grab, change the view to "List"... then highlight the row of the title of the podcast you want to get rid of... right-click, and select delete on the pop-up menu

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
In the View on the right panel in your screen-grab, change the view to "List"... then highlight the row of the title of the podcast you want to get rid of... right-click, and select delete on the pop-up menu

You sir are a saint. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68