Default email address when emailing

TheChiefJaguar

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
In settings, my default email address is the iCloud account I prefer, but when I share something via email it sends from my gmail account. It appears to be related to which address of my contact I’m sending to (if I send to my wife’s yahoo account it sends from my iCloud account, if I send to her gmail it sends from my gmail). Any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings → Mail, and then scroll to the bottom to see what is displayed as the “Default Account”. If it’s the Gmail account, change it to your iCloud account.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
In settings, my default email address is the iCloud account I prefer, but when I share something via email it sends from my gmail account. It appears to be related to which address of my contact I’m sending to (if I send to my wife’s yahoo account it sends from my iCloud account, if I send to her gmail it sends from my gmail). Any thoughts?

This may be off the subject, but I also came across this Apple support port:

How to make iCloud alias behave like a default email

Although not directly related to your issue, log into your iCloud account on the web, Mail > Settings > Preferences > Composing

And here you can set a default address, so you don't have to change you address each time you compose a mail.

I did this from my iCloud web account because I wanted to use an alias as my main iCloud account. Although I made the change not he web, the change also reflected on my iPhone. This may also work for you. I say take a look and see. Can't hurt.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77