Data not working on school campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to get your guys opinions.

I just started school again for the Fall Semester and everyday so far I’ve noticed that anywhere I’m at on campus I’ll usually have great signal and my phone tells me I have LTE yet whenever I try to load a webpage or browse reddit with Apollo everything just hangs and never loads.

Don’t even get me started on the schools WiFi.

58740976437__906473BD-F04B-4A46-8D23-98F34DF9AA15.JPG

Here’s what’s happening. I had to take this with my iPad since my screenshot that I took wouldn’t upload to iCloud. I don’t know what the deal is if it’s my phone, my sim, or the network is overloaded but I see so many others using their devices with no problem.

Thoughts?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Did you try to reset all network settings? It’s a chore to get connected known WiFi afterwards, but at least you’ll get cell data working again on school grounds. Give it a try and let us know.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep I did that already too.

Then take out your SIM card, rub the chip against your jeans or shirt and put it back in. I’m not saying it will work, but it’s worth cleaning the SIM card from time to time. Make sure to not touch the chip when putting it back in the tray.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well no wonder it's not working. You uploaded an image of you trying to get Android Central to load on the iMore site.

This comic relief moment brought to you by the folks at Bailey's. Mixed with your morning coffee, it helps you get through the day.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I work at a University, and am wondering if you've considered contacting your school's IT help desk? They are there to help you deal with connectivity issues. I know that we have certain things we need to do on our devices to be able to connect to the school's wifi. If you haven't done so already, give it a shot and let us know how that goes for you.

BD15

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Most likely using a signal jammer. If you're staff, then IT should be able to allow you access via your MAC address. They just need to add your specific device to the green list.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Maybe, just maybe, the school wants you to be working on school work and not playing on your phone?

Hmmmmmmmm.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I work on a campus with some very old buildings. My data coverage is spotty from time to time unless I'm connected to the University's Internet (Eduroam). When connected to Eduroam, coverage is usually pretty good as long as there are sufficient wifi access points.

So, when on campus, have you tried connecting to the University's internet instead of using your data? That might be an improvement for you!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In college, very often there are problems with the Internet, and this is sad. But you can just go to the library or the Internet cafe, where you will have access to the Internet, you can find a great site (moderator note; link redacted because it’s spam), where you can find information about writing an essay on any topic or just buy it.

I think buying essays is illegal if you intend to earn credits with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2