Custom ringtones?

jleebiker

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
Ok, I installed iTunes. Followed the instructions and got the custom ringtone on the phone. I can see it under "Songs" on the phone, but but for some reason I can't copy/paste or move it to the Tones section. It's just a simple .MP3 file.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Try editing the contact you want to assign the ringtone to and see if it appears as a selection.

Unfortunately you can't just "drag and drop" like you can on Android. When I moved to iOS from Android the first thing I had to do was stop thinking Android way. :)

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I installed iTunes. Followed the instructions and got the custom ringtone on the phone. I can see it under "Songs" on the phone, but but for some reason I can't copy/paste or move it to the Tones section. It's just a simple .MP3 file.

Because the format is incorrect. Your phone sees .MP3 as songs. It has to be .AC4, to be recognized as a ringtone.

jleebiker

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
Ok, I did all the above. I can now go to Settings and see the custom ringtone and select it and hear it. When I go to Outlook though, it doesn't show it on the list of selectable sounds for a new email alert. What am I missing?

Minorite

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Yes, the extension should be .m4r and not .AC4 (or I'm missing something). Also, .m4r is basically an .aac files so you can try changing the extesion manually from .mp3/.aac to .m4r and import the track.

Also, if you don't like iTunes there are quite a few iTunes alternative apps that will allow you to avoid iTunes and give you some more freedom without losing iOS security standarts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta