CrowdStrike confirms Macs are 'not impacted' by a global outage impacting airlines, banks, and more — and a fix is on the way

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sucks to be a windows user
dbdabfa2390e4dcc02acbe9a99b7e1fb.png

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Sucks to be an ICT employee today. I feel for the Service Desk Technologists and Systems Administrators that will need to do some cleanup after this.

CrowdStrike will need to do an RCA and ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Even if it’s not Microsoft’s direct fault, I hope Microsoft prohibits kernel-level modules from being loaded in the future, but that’s going to take time if they do that - like 5-15 years easily.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many Enterprises will be switching to the mac
Companies, in my opinion, have been switching to Macs for quite some time. Having said that, it’s going to take several more outages like this to get big companies to set the money aside to switch completely over.

Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Companies, in my opinion, have been switching to Macs for quite some time. Having said that, it’s going to take several more outages like this to get big companies to set the money aside to switch completely over.

True, but if you remember it took a massive blackberry outage to kill the brand in the enterprise.

And this is a massive outage for Microsoft.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
True, but if you remember it took a massive blackberry outage to kill the brand in the enterprise.

And this is a massive outage for Microsoft.
From what I gather, Windows users who do not have their system set to auto-update are not affected — at least that’s what I’m being told.

Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
From what I gather, Windows users who do not have their system set to auto-update are not affected — at least that’s what I’m being told.

Could be, but I have never seen this happen to Microsoft at this scale. Uk, Germany, France, Australia have all been affected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samodrauf