Corona Virus Recommendations: Today vs Back in the Day

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Today:
Please practice “social distancing”.

Back in the Day:
Stay your ______ at home and don’t come around me for a while.

(Laughing)

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Today:
Please practice “social distancing”.

Back in the Day:
Stay your ______ at home and don’t come around me for a while.

(Laughing)

So true and I remember when if I was sick back in the day, I was told to stay home and don’t go out and infect other people, back to good old common sense.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So true and I remember when if I was sick back in the day, I was told to stay home and don’t go out and infect other people, back to good old common sense.

No doubt. They didn’t sugarcoat things back then nor did they freak out over things as much as they appear to do these days. (Sigh)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
It’s a completely different world. Not better, not worse. We can only live today and need to do what’s best to get everyone through this.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I’d love to see the hoarding stop. It seems common sense that people should simply have a few back up supplies of certain essentials to gradually buy throughout the year to prepare for such a problem, it’s not rocket science.

Interestingly I see people from rural areas who do just that, but people in urban areas tend to just buy as they need, probably because of lack of storage space at home.

But hoarding and price gouging? You really have to be a self serving, heinous little turd to do something like that.

Also, I find it surprising to see that junk and processed food aisles are completely bare but fresh produce can be had in abundance: this is the time when people need to strengthen their immune system, not weaken it with toxic processed garbage, but what do I know?

So the Evilguppy pack is home on a month long pyjama party, guzzling hot fluids and eating oranges, and watching un unbelievable number of movies and tv shows.

... OK, OK, I’M LYING BY OMISSION:
... I did order the new iPad Pro 11”. With the AirPods. With a new Pencil. And a cover.

Because if you think Apple will help you save money by shutting down their online store, ha!

So in truth my iPad pro 2018 12.9” still works quite well but my man needs a new iPad and he doesn’t want a new one so I’m getting the new one and he’s getting my old one.
And I really desperately need to upgrade my iPhone X.

But for now I’m getting drooled on by 85 lbs of love.

Though I am thinking of teaching her a few tricks based on social distancing

6ad92b8e547d6c9f6805f1ce9ee664f4.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Restocking the milk refrigerator at out local food pantry has become a challenge, which I have eluded to in another thread. Most stores have put a limit on essential items, including milk, because of hoarders.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD