Contest: Win the brand new iPad Pro from iMore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndxhound

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
My favorite feature is the screen size. Coupled with the multitasking capabilities of iOS9 I see the Pro as a valid replacement for my MacBook for all but the more specialized applications.

florianlionel

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Since iOS 9 I've been trying to get more work done on my iPad. I've been using it for Uni for the last 2 years, but when I'm back at home, I tend to get back to my Mac as I feel faster on it. My current iPad mini 2 is a real production machine for me, but I still feel like I could get much more done.
I'm considering an iPad Pro since its announcement. Bigger screen: perfect for my use cases. Split screen/side-by-side: that's what I miss a lot on the mini and am using a lot on the Mac. Pencil: could basically be a perfect addition for my studies (currently using pens for annotating and minimal sketching ? they could be better).
A better and more powerful machine could be the iPad Air 2. Winning an iPad Pro though would solve everything and push me into getting where I'd want to be.

clanthin

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I plan to use this gorgeous, large, retina screen for research. I'm a public historian and I often go to archives where portability is key; but the large screen won't leave me squinting at it. The 8mp camera will also be a real time-saver when scanning documents (photocopiers are the worst!) My second use will be to do research and writing for my upcoming blog and podcast. Split view and multitasking, along with the keyboard, will make this an ideal laptop replacement.

Last edited:

mastatrp

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait for this product. It will be a rather expensive doodling tool - but adding this is a creation tool rather than just consumption is something I'm waiting for!

jagtc75

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
It would be used primarily for quick photo editing and to show clients photos onsite, on a screen they can screen (camera is limited to 3.5")

cmckeller217

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I will use the iPad Pro for virtually everything that I normally use my desktop for: writing, designing, reading, presenting, watching movies, editing photos and videos (lighter editing, of course), DJ'ing....the list goes on and on!

lchlch

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to use the IPad Pro mainly for work. My work involves a lot of typing and looking at various documents of varying length and complexity. The larger screen size and the attachable keyboard will help me accomplish my tasks faster while reducing the amount of weight I have to carry around everytime I visit a client's office.

JHFtheintern

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I would use it mainly as a writing device. As a professional writer and speaker, this device would really enhance not just my productivity in terms of the size of this beautiful canvas, but in presentation. I'd love to win this bad boy for those reasons.

coredecor

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I plan on using the iPad Pro (fingers crossed!) with music production apps like Auria and Korg Gadget. The screen size and increase in RAM will be so helpful to those of us running many hungry apps at the same time, hopefully enough to compete it's the laptop world finally. I'm on an Air 1 and I max out the CPU constantly, as I'll be running five effects apps and five synths into a DAW, 4GB over 1GB sounds like a dream! I've made three albums on my iPad and hope to make many more, just need to upgrade a little! Thanks for giving me the chance to!

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
i will be using it for playing games, im a sucker for large displays and gaming, plus all that extra power cant hurt for buttery smooth fps

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'll use it for work. My office gives us Dell boat anchor laptops, so I've figured out how to use my iPad Air 2 as a replacement for when I'm traveling or at meetings. Plus, I've positioned myself as the tech pioneer of the office, so this would fit that role nicely!

berry124

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As a student I would take the iPad to class, take notes (especially math), the multi window feature is especially handy when you have to summarize an article or do research for a paper. And of course the screen would be very nice to browse the internet, watch movies or the iMore podcast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77