• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Clear silicone case

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ya that is weird. Out of stock would mean its popular? Is there anything wrong with silicon cases? I really like how clear it is. How often do you need to clean it out of dirt? Have you heard of this brand before?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ya that is weird. Out of stock would mean its popular? Is there anything wrong with silicon cases? I really like how clear it is. How often do you need to clean it out of dirt? Have you heard of this brand before?

Yeah, you would think that you'd see them everywhere if they are sold out or it's just a small time company. Silicon cases sometimes stretch out after a while. Especially if you take it off and put it back on a lot. Which is something I do - constantly cleaning it.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I found with nearly all iPhone 3G accessories before the launch they were marked "Out of Stock" or "Back ordered" or "Pre-Order" or "Coming Soon." Strangely enough most were listed as "Out of Stock" though (found this to be true with the Griffin FlexGrip and Marware Sports Grip). This may be a company that does this. Just a thought.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Amazon has it in stock so I bought it. Damn I am on my third case since july 11 and love the current one just hate taking it out every single time. Is this normal?:D I am going to MI in two weeks....hitting the old hometown and there is an apple store there. I hope I dont walk in there.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ok I got it and I am a little disappointed. It looks like any other silicon case, I thought it was going to be really clear like the pic shows. I guess I was expecting something more like an invisible shield clear. I think the pic looks very misleading because you can see the writing on the back of the phone very clear but not like my pic.

Here is the pic on the website. http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-50688281900762_2012_45091627

Here it is on my phone

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ok I got it and I am a little disappointed. It looks like any other silicon case, I thought it was going to be really clear like the pic shows. I guess I was expecting something more like an invisible shield clear. I think the pic looks very misleading because you can see the writing on the back of the phone very clear but not like my pic.

Here is the pic on the website. http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-50688281900762_2012_45091627

Here it is on my phone

Better you than me.... :D

Have you tried the Marware Sportgrip? It's not clear but it's a good silicon case. So far.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I have not tried that yet. Im a little scared too after trying 3. I'm going to mi in 2 weeks there is an apple store there I will try!

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I LOVE my Marware Sports Grip. They do not have it at my Apple Store (not a very big Apple Store) but they have it at Apple.com. I bought it based on internet pics. I like that it has the play-through design and it comes with a free screen protector.
Every time I have gone to the Apple Store I have had several people ask me about the case and where they can buy one. I would look at your Apple Store and see if you can try it on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman