cant connect to app store/itunes

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i've had my 3g for a few days now, and had this problem twice. for some reason, it wont let me connect to the app store, or itunes, and tell me to reconnect to itunes to get it to work. i plug back into my laptop and viola, i'm back to normal. any reason why this is happening? thanks!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
So you can't connect via the on-device iTunes and App Store apps? What exact error message do you get? Just that it can't connect, or that you're not authorized?

Are you trying to use an iTunes store from a different country?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i'm trying to connect to the us itunes store, and man, i should have written down the exact notice, i will if it does it again. it basically shows one screen first that says cannot connect to itunes store, then when i hit close, another one pops up telling me to resynch to itunes. i tried to google last night but couldnt find anything that really fit. its not saying i'm not authorized, just that i need to re-synch to get it to work. once i reconnect to itunes via a usb i'm good to go again.

LovemyiPhone

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
You can take a screen cap by pressing the sleep button and the home button at the same time and then you won't have to write anything down.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ok, so it did it again, here is what it shows...

iPhoneUpload-6.jpg

it says "cannot retrieve download information. please connect with itunes"

i turned off wifi, and went to 3g and itunes and app store worked again, turned on wifi, connected to network, and it worked again as well. not real sure what it means. any suggestions?

Last edited:

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Might I suggest you return your 3G? You said that you've only had it a few days... and there's a new iPhone coming out in less than a week that's twice as fast. It'll definitely be worth having the 3GS instead of a regular 3G.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Might I suggest you return your 3G? You said that you've only had it a few days... and there's a new iPhone coming out in less than a week that's twice as fast. It'll definitely be worth having the 3GS instead of a regular 3G.

i would, but i have my service thru work, and i'm using a the premiere website to purchase the phones, it was a chore just to get the one i've got now!:p now if there is something wrong with this one, i'm sure they'll exchange me for another, but i'm not sure i can get the new one. plus, i bet the stock is well below where i want it to be:eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy