Can I transfer photos from my iPhone 7 directly to a portable hard drive?

I

iMore Question

I'm going on vacation in a couple of months and will be taking a lot of pictures and videos on my iPhone 7. I'm sure my phone will fill up fast. I'd like to transfer my photos and videos without taking a laptop along on my vacation. It would be great if there was a hard drive that would automatically take all my photos and videos from my iPhone and store them onto a portable hard drive and then delete them from my phone. Then when I get home I can transfer all my photos and videos that are on the the potable hard drive from my vacation to my iMac. I do not use iPhoto Library because I had major problems with iPhoto Library in the past.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Transferning photos on my iPhone 7 directly to a portable hard drive.

I know this may not be the best answer but maybe consider a NAS. With a NAS you always have access to it remotely. You don't need to even take it with you. You just download the pics on the NAS and when you get home go through them. With a NAS you can also organize then while being away.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There's quite a few flash drives on Amazon with lightning connectors for the iPad or iPhone. There's the iSafeFile, iDiskk, G-Ting, and I believe even SanDisk makes one. They come in either 32GB or 64GB models. I'll let you know up front though that they're not cheap. Ranges between 80 to 30 dollars.

I watched a video on YouTube for the iSafeFile and it looks really nice. I may consider that one myself!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2