Camera app access needs improving Apple

Soreloser

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess the root of this whole thread comes down to customization, or the lack thereof. The OP wants the ability to launch the camera with a double press of the power or home button. Apple doesn't allow that. Best to tell Apple what you want, and hope that they see it your way.

I too would like the freedom to customize some things on my iPhone. My options at this time are use it like it is or go back to Android. So far I have stayed with my iPhone. At times it takes a tremendous amount of effort not to take up my perfectly fine Android phone but I really like some of the features of iOS so have managed not go back.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I guess the root of this whole thread comes down to customization, or the lack thereof. The OP wants the ability to launch the camera with a double press of the power or home button. Apple doesn't allow that. Best to tell Apple what you want, and hope that they see it your way.

I too would like the freedom to customize some things on my iPhone. My options at this time are use it like it is or go back to Android. So far I have stayed with my iPhone. At times it takes a tremendous amount of effort not to take up my perfectly fine Android phone but I really like some of the features of iOS so have managed not go back.

Exactly it, people should continue to voice their opinions and hope Apple makes a change. But for the time being make the best of what we have.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Wow. I go away for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur. Relax people. This thread has gone on wayyyyyyyy too long and I regret ever bringing up the topic. I'll fall back in line now, and like it the way it's given to me by the Lords of Cupertino. No more questioning, I promise. Like the drones in the 1984 commercial. There's some irony for you...??????

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I go away for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur. Relax people. This thread has gone on wayyyyyyyy too long and I regret ever bringing up the topic. I'll fall back in line now, and like it the way it's given to me by the Lords of Cupertino. No more questioning, I promise. Like the drones in the 1984 commercial. There's some irony for you...í*½í¸

Look what you’ve done! LOL

No worries. You posed a good question, it’s some of the responses that got a little heated. I’ve seen the most innocent threads take a turn south. This time it just happened to be yours. Don’t go droning away on us. We need people who question the status quo and realize that iOS isn’t perfect, just like Android isn’t perfect.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Look what you’ve done! LOL

No worries. You posed a good question, it’s some of the responses that got a little heated. I’ve seen the most innocent threads take a turn south. This time it just happened to be yours. Don’t go droning away on us. We need people who question the status quo and realize that iOS isn’t perfect, just like Android isn’t perfect.

Stop encouraging people to post junk threads, Rob! ;)

You never can tell how things are going to go over. Don't let the chance people get bent out of shape about it hold you back! Unless it goes against forum rules, however. Then yeah, don't post it...

Zekar

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Indeed. Choices! These are all just preferences, and there would never be innovations without considering new and different ways to do things.
To get annoyed with people for not being happy with accepting things the way they are means stagnation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien