Calls keep failing ONLY when leaving voicemails

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Here's a strange one (I've never experienced before)...

I have an iPhone 13 as a work phone on AT&T.
All calls work fine and I never have an issue when talking to people. HOWEVER... every...single...time I get someone's voicemail and start leaving a message, after a few seconds (maybe 10 into leaving a message) the call drops and I get a "call failed" notice. This ONLY happens when I'm leaving a voicemail - no matter if it is to another mobile device, or a main phone system. I never have calls dropped unless I'm leaving a voicemail.
I've toggled airplane mode, restarted the phone... but calls still consistently drop when leaving voice messages.

Anyone every experience this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have live voicemail enabled? If so, can you disable it and then try to leave a voicemail message to see if the call prematurely drops or allow for the complete voicemail message to be delivered?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Does the call duration counter is active when you’re dropped to voicemail?

IMG_1171.jpeg

Also, you could try forcing your phone on the 3G networking and trying with that. It could be something with AT&T’s 4G/5G “VoIP” servers.

Reactions: HelloNNNewman

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have live voicemail enabled? If so, can you disable it and then try to leave a voicemail message to see if the call prematurely drops or allow for the complete voicemail message to be delivered?
Good thought.... I'll disable live voicemail and see if that is a potential cause.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So... I disabled live voicemail and haven't had calls drop when leaving voicemails yet. I've only left a few, but have yet to have my call drop mid-voicemail. Thanks for the suggestion - it seems this may have been the fix!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare