Not leaving a voicemail

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Over the past 6 months or so, I have noticed a trend. It appears that more and more companies, and individuals, are making phone calls, and NOT leaving voicemails, if the phone call is not answered.

Rather curious why this trend has started. With being made redundant in April 2020 (thanks Covid19!?!), I was, in a way, forced to answer all phone calls. After all, one would never know if a Recruiter or someone similar, was phoning to offer a job or converse about one.

But, all in all, still rather odd that this trend is happening. Wondering why this is the case...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My guess is that most of the callers who did not leave a voicemail were Robo-calls... political or some other kind of telemarketer.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
It maybe that people are tired of not having their voice mail messages responded to. I have experienced this along with being told someone will ring me back and they don’t.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, wasn't thinking about the robo/spam calls. Plus, I guess with this being Election year, even more phone calls were happening...

Both my husband and I got at least 2-3 calls a day! No voicemail messages were left... and now that the election is over, the calls have vaporized!

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
It maybe that people are tired of not having their voice mail messages responded to. I have experienced this along with being told someone will ring me back and they don’t.

If you have legitimate reason to ask for a call back, you will have to show the person you call how speaking or otherwise communicating with you will help them. If not, most people these days are very busy and will opt to ignore the message.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
If you have legitimate reason to ask for a call back, you will have to show the person you call how speaking or otherwise communicating with you will help them. If not, most people these days are very busy and will opt to ignore the message.

i have a legitimate reason and have explained it clearly, but still I have had no reply from a named member of a department of a company.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Mars20, if it is about employment, sadly, many companies don't respond unless they are moving someone to the next level in the hiring process.

If it is a customer service or similar issue, take it to Corporate or the Better Business Bureau (or a similar organization if you are not in the US). The business needs to resolve problems for customers. If they aren't, you have the right to proceed up the chain of command.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Mars20, if it is about employment, sadly, many companies don't respond unless they are moving someone to the next level in the hiring process.

If it is a customer service or similar issue, take it to Corporate or the Better Business Bureau (or a similar organization if you are not in the US). The business needs to resolve problems for customers. If they aren't, you have the right to proceed up the chain of command.

Thanks, but I am in the process of contacting the parent company, hopefully with more success!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit