bricked iphone -locked to AT&T but need to unlock/jbreak to use in UK with 02

stealthbear

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi, i have just signed up... in a bit of a panic! Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

I have a 2g iphone bought in the USA & locked to AT&T, I live in London where the only iphone mobile provider is 02. When I bought the phone it was unlocked and jail broken using the very user friendly ZIBRI.. I had never had a problem previously.
I have recently joined the 02 payandgo tariff to benefit from free Edge/internet providing I top up at least ?10/month. In order to benefit from this, I had to update my firmware from 1.1.4 to 2.1 as the settings had changed.

I was badly advised, I tried to update the f/ware through iTunes 8 using a Mac with OSX10.4.11.

I backed up the iphone, itunes downloaded the new f/ware.

At this point my phone still had my 02 simcard in it.
itunes did not like the 02 sim as the phone was originally AT&T locked, obviously updating through itunes took the iphone back to at&t factory.
The message came up in itunes saying, the sim is not recognised etc, luckily I still have the original at&t sim card which I put in.

This is where I am stuck, with the AT&T sim itunes finds the iphone and is treating it as if it were a new iphone out of the shop. It is basically asking me to open an AT&T account... If I was in the USA it would be happy days! But as I live in the UK the last thing I want is an account with a n American service provider.

I appreciate this is a very long post,but i wanted to be clear with my situation...

I tried to use Zibri (most recent) but for some reason the Zibri app was unable to find the iphone???

Please can anyone point me in the right direction! What should I do to unlock the phone?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Follow one of my guides I posted on the front page. Just do a simple search for jailbreaking guides.

They are all there.

Also, your first major mistake was to use anything Zibri had anything to do with.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77