• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Breaking the links

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
When I first upgraded to iOS6, I took advantage of the new feature of being able to link up duplicate contact records. I have a lot of customized names that were not recognized by the facebook synergy as well as duplicate records that I needed to clean up. I spent a couple hours going through all 1k plus records and merging them together. On more than 1 occasion since I upgraded, I noticed that these linked cards did not stay linked and came apart as multiple records, thereby exposing the duplicate records that I initially had. I had to go back through and relink. I just upgraded to the iPhone 5 and had to log back into facebook. I had a feeling that most of my linked records would be broken again, and of course that had happened. Has this occurred for anybody else? Is this a known issue? I am hesitant to invest the time to link all these up again if they are inevitably going to come apart.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman