Blackra1n RC2 is out.

fakeenigma

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
ahh i uninstalled winterboard and backgrounder..
still having cellular network error messages.
will restore to pre blackra1n and see if that fixes it.
will update later

fakeenigma

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
restored and now i have to put all my videos back on.
but, seems okay now, alli have is blackra1n and cydia, and loack calandar on it. cellular datra seems okay.

zeddock

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
My Model is MC135LL.
Version 3.1.2
firmware 05.11.07

I just bought this 3gs yesterday.
Can I JB it now and if I do what are the side effects? (Have heard something about tethering, and rebooting.)

If not now, then how long does it usually take for JB to come up to date so it will work?

Lastly, does it do me good to go back to ATT store to ask for older one?

Thanx,

zeddock

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
My Model is MC135LL.
Version 3.1.2
firmware 05.11.07

I just bought this 3gs yesterday.
Can I JB it now and if I do what are the side effects? (Have heard something about tethering, and rebooting.)

If not now, then how long does it usually take for JB to come up to date so it will work?

Lastly, does it do me good to go back to ATT store to ask for older one?

Thanx,

zeddock

If u just bought it yesterday, chances are very good that the 3gs has the new 24k exploit taken care of. So for now, no JB for you. Sux, but I'm guessing returning the phone to store won't yeild any real dividends either.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Zeddock
I hear that if the fourth digit of your serial number is a three or below you are fine to jb. If the fouth digit in the serial number is a four then you will have to do a tethered jb. That means you will have to hook up and jb ur phone any time you reboot it. If I'm wrong someone will correct me.

zeddock

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
"you will have to hook up and jb ur phone any time you reboot it."

Just to reboot? or in order to get JB back?

I ask because sometime I will HAVE to shut off for security scanners, etc, and want to be able to power on phone to make calls.

Thanx.
zeddock

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
"you will have to hook up and jb ur phone any time you reboot it."

Just to reboot? or in order to get JB back?

I ask because sometime I will HAVE to shut off for security scanners, etc, and want to be able to power on phone to make calls.

Thanx.
zeddock

For it to be usable it needs to be connected to a computer with blackra1n on ANY restart.