BlackBerry Z10 to iPhone 5

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I must admit I have decided to give the Q10 a real chance, and I really like it. I get two full days from the batter, although I am a light user.

bbhybridchris

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the iOS world. I myself have been a heavy heavy blackberry user for years. In the past two years I've played with a bunch of other phones as we'll always keeping a blackberry around. When the screen on my Bold 9930 cracked from a drop I decided to replace it with an iPhone 4S at the time. Loved the phone and got it on upgrade pricing. Few months later the iPhone 5 was released and I bought it outright from a private seller brand new in a sealed box. Something about iOS just works for me....not sure what that I can pinpoint exactly but it works. After the iPhone 5 I sold it and went through a multitude of android devices in the past year. Still have a Nexus 4 because if you like to root and hack there is no better device. When the blackberry Z10 was released I imported one from Canada and used it for a few months. Once the Q10 was released on AT&T I purchased one of those and sold my Z10. Battery life is great on the Q10 as well as having BBM back on both devices was great. I work in the agriculture business and a lot of my contacts and folks I deal with have BB's. About two weeks ago I purchased a 3GS off of craigslist for 60 dollars and actually started using that. It was more a novelty and a trial purchase but something about it made me put the Q on the shelf and use it as my daily driver. So after falling in love again with the iPhone on a device that is now 4 years old I used a upgrade on one of our lines to purchase a iPhone 5 and with the trade in program on AT&T was able to get 100 dollars for the 3GS and purchased a 32gb iPhone 5 for the price of a 16 gb. Loving every minute of it since I got it and have iOS 7 installed as well which is great even in beta form in my opinion. My iPhone 5 has roughly the same battery life as my Z10 if not actually better. I would try all the recommendations above as we'll to improve battery life. My biggest draw on battery is where I work and live is out in the country so not always the best service with only 4g and spots of minimal service at all. Those times I have little service really draw down the battery. Good luck with the iPhone 5 and have fun with it!

julieb9

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Z10 durning the day, iPhone 5 at night! (;
(make sure you exit the apps on the bottom double-click the home screen)
that helps me save battery life..

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

go1ndr

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Q10 because I truly am a BB lover due to the 200+ emails a day I have to send from it. I am also very aware of the lack of apps for the new BB10 OS and that they will never have the amount of support or apps that Apple does or for that matter, that Andriod does. But we also have to be fair and balanced as they say and look back at 2007 when the iPhone first came on the scene. At launch Apple had only 1500 apps available and most were unimportant as the FB/Twitters/Flipboard/Evernote, etc hadn't been developed yet. At the end of the first 2 1/2 years they still only had 7500 apps, and then started growing like crazy to the 300K plus apps available now on iPhone. That said, BB users with the new BB10 OS will have to be patient as iPhone users had to be in 2007/08/09. Most of the truely important apps are available on BBW now and most of the others can be downloaded/sideloaded from Andriod's collection currently. That said, the new Q10 as you mention is amazingly fast browser wise and there can be no doubt about the ease of typing many, many messages and emails on its famous keyboard. My wife has an iPhone and loves it, but I can't type on it so I don't. I do love Siri and Facetime thought--to be fair and balanced.:)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Q10 because I truly am a BB lover due to the 200+ emails a day I have to send from it. I am also very aware of the lack of apps for the new BB10 OS and that they will never have the amount of support or apps that Apple does or for that matter, that Andriod does. But we also have to be fair and balanced as they say and look back at 2007 when the iPhone first came on the scene. At launch Apple had only 1500 apps available and most were unimportant as the FB/Twitters/Flipboard/Evernote, etc hadn't been developed yet. At the end of the first 2 1/2 years they still only had 7500 apps, and then started growing like crazy to the 300K plus apps available now on iPhone. That said, BB users with the new BB10 OS will have to be patient as iPhone users had to be in 2007/08/09. Most of the truely important apps are available on BBW now and most of the others can be downloaded/sideloaded from Andriod's collection currently. That said, the new Q10 as you mention is amazingly fast browser wise and there can be no doubt about the ease of typing many, many messages and emails on its famous keyboard. My wife has an iPhone and loves it, but I can't type on it so I don't. I do love Siri and Facetime thought--to be fair and balanced.:)

You know, this argument has been brought up time and again, and every time it makes me scratch my head.

Blackberry 10 is not competing against iOS or Android of 2008. It's competing against the operating systems of 2013. It doesn't matter how many features or apps they lacked back then because the entire smartphone world has evolved since then.

What do you think would happen if a brand new car company released a vehicle with technology from the 1970's, but stated "well it's off to a better start than the Model T Ford!"

Kudos for choosing the phone that best suits your needs, but making excuses with flawed comparisons just doesn't make a strong case.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hey team,

So, I'm officially an iPhone 5 user after a brief stint with BB10. BlackBerry did a great job upping their game, but the lack of developer support made it an extremely restricted ecosystem.

So, I've just switched to the i5. Loving it so far, but I have one beef with this phone. The battery drains SO FAST. I do use LTE, but I feel as though the batter shouldn't be draining as fast as it does...

Anyone have any tips?

:)

The other 4 BB users left in the world will miss you.:dancing:

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Old thread, but who would want to invest their time developing app for a gimmicky, and slow platform with inflated hardware specs? Every leak/release only performs like a pre-beta OS every single time it gets leaked/released.

They need to retain their Hub since its tue only feature of that phone and reengineer the friggin thing the user interface is based on.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 <-----next best thing to marketing gimmick

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Blackberry I have to occasionally tape to my shoulder. Just for a little fix. I can quit any time. Really.

Nice to see that there are others still hanging on in desperation to their BB devices. I too still have and use my querty for hammering out a quick email. There is something about typing on those chicklets that I prefer over tapping on glass. I'm sure there is a support group somewhere in order for me to completely defect, I'm more interested in getting my hands on the 5s so that when the times comes, I can be using a single phone as a daily driver ... On the same service provider even!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Interesting thread. Welcome to the iPhone family and iMore! I have had a long history of being a BlackBerry user. I spent a lot of years on the CrackBerry forum, and know a lot of peope there. Fact is, I have jumped from BB devices to iPhone and back more times than I can remember...and it finally came down to my priority being a superior ecosystem. I actually have had four BlackBerry Z10's, because I got bored by the iOS6 and the same old same old of the iPhone (same basically since 2007). I kind of loved the fact I was using a BlackBerry, and had fond memories of BBM and all that was about BlackBerry usage years before...but I could not warm up to the "all gesture" driven OS and the horribly lacking app selection. That, and the device felt so cheap and such a poor representation of a company that was grasping for their last breath to release! It was clearly a beta device running a beta level OS with horrible support and a third-rate ecosystem (worse than Apple, Google or Windows).

Finally I totally gave up...wished the best for BlackBerry, and came back to Apple and the iPhone. I'm not anywhere near an Apple fanboy, and even get a little pissed the way Apple strings their loyalists along from device to device with minimal changes...but like it's been said many times IT JUST WORKS. And, it does it better than most. So, until some drastic and amazing changes take place in the BlackBerry camp (and they won't), looks like I'm here to stay.

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your iPhone! :)

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I used a BlackBerry Z10 (for 1 day only) and now im with iPhone 5 too.
I dont like desactivate the features of the phone, it makes me feel like if I wouldnt take all the advantage of the features:
This is my battery tip:
mophie juice pack air iPhone 5 Extended Battery Case
:) It gives +1 day of battery (and protection too). If it looks like a brick? +/-... but it will look a bigger brick whitout case and battery.

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Well. The day is coming soon: blackberry sale didn't follow through and they're digging into shareholder money for survival. To add, they have just about a year left of cash to burn, while the social norm has left BBRY for dead.

Greatest epic failure of the most successful email client from years ago. Who woulda thunk it? Why Steve Jobs with his iPhone of course!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 <-----like the last fart--the last desperate fart of a dying corpse

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77