BlackBerry is dead, anyone going to the funeral?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
https://apple.news/AfuSq9dl2QdecyuNDg9jT7A

On January 4th, BlackBerry will officially no longer be supported and is being taken off life support. I, as with many others, was a BlackBerry user long ago. I remember the negativity and hate from some of its users towards iPhone and Android, the new kids on the block. It’s interesting how things turned out and goes to show how consumers drive technology. They didn’t want to believe people wanted to use a device for both business and pleasure and it bit them in the behind.
Any thoughts? Old stories?

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry was after Nokia my introduction to cell phones and I do remember the back and forth negativity however I think Mike Lazaridis sealed their fate when he said he would never make a touch screen BlackBerry ,My favourite was the 9900 .

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Everyone knew the day was coming, I was honestly hoping for the new 5G I have been hearing about for the last year, but that also seems to be done now.

It was a great ride and I am still active on the CB forums as long as I still have friends there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry was dead years ago and I don’t even count the devices bearing its name while running an Android OS as a “real” Blackberry.

Before anyone gets offended, I mean no disrespect to those who are using the Android BlackBerry devices.

With that being said, the years I had owning various Blackberry devices will always be dear to me and their keyboards were the best in my opinion.