BeWeather 3 for iPhone

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

New beta has a fix. Maybe.

Yes. The BeWeather 3 Beta has fixed the overlapping issue on Zoomed effects.
07954c244ed3518d3f22eb41c170fa6d.jpg

Thanks Pfluger

happySun

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
After updating to version 3.1.27 (new icon!), forecast only extends 24 hours from update time. Forecast now ends at 1600 ET, today Feb. 1. Deleted and reinstalled, now no forecast or current conditions (USA) at all.

Update: Seems to be working after a couple more force-quits, and adding London UK as a location. Switching between locations seems to help.

Further: Several SIGSEGV logged while trying to update settings. Seems to be working OK after some bouncing around.

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Mine is a mess as well - possible that some changes might be afoot with its Weather Source ie Dark Sky after its acquisition by 

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

After updating to version 3.1.27 (new icon!), forecast only extends 24 hours from update time. Forecast now ends at 1600 ET, today Feb. 1. Deleted and reinstalled, now no forecast or current conditions (USA) at all.

Update: Seems to be working after a couple more force-quits, and adding London UK as a location. Switching between locations seems to help.

Mine is a mess as well - possible that some changes might be afoot with its Weather Source ie Dark Sky after its acquisition by 

I'm not having any issues here in the USA, however I was hoping for a new homescreen widget with this recent beta release.

happySun

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site

Tentatively, seems to be fixed after some rasslin' with it. BTW, I'm on iPadOS 14.4. I suspect there are some problems building the internal settings. I know that settings/preset mangement has changed with iOS 14, so that may be the cause of these glitches.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

The location switching ( for me) didn't fix the problem. I'll leave it several hours though and report back later.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The location switching ( for me) didn't fix the problem. I'll leave it several hours though and report back later.

Just curious about what exactly is BeWeather doing or not doing on your iPhone?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Just curious about what exactly is BeWeather doing or not doing on your iPhone?

This is an easy one - it was still missing most of the hourly forecast data etc around 10 AM this morning, but is fine now 13:50.....

happySun

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
There's some sort of problem updating either the first location, or the current location. Can't tell which since they're the same for this home-bound iPad. Opened the app just now and the last update was 3 hours old. Swipe to another location, updates promptly. Back to first location, still old info. Go to Home screen, swipe right to view widget, updates fine. Then the app also has current data. It seems as if opening the app does not immediately trigger an update, nor does any subsequent action. But the widget is implemented to work as you'd expect.

Edit: If I leave the app running, it updates promptly when opened. The problem occurs if I force-quit the app. Then when I open it the first location remains frozen at the previous time it was viewed. Apparently, starting the app does not trigger an update. I choose to force-quit BeWeather because it holds as much as 13,000 pages (16 KB) of processor memory (not storage), which is inconvenient for my other apps. That's 200 MB of useful space.

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A new beta is available.

There are some big changes coming to BeWeather.

- We have changed our weather data provider to OpenWeatherMap.

- We are making BeWeather free (Future premium features might only be available as a subscription, but if you paid for BeWeather previously you will keep all the features that you have paid for.)

The free version will show an ad banner on the forecast screen. If you are seeing this as a paid user please go to BeWeather settings and select 'Restore Purchases'.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Are the changes only in Beta versions or also for general release??
Openweathermap is a first class source and is either now the default in free versions or at least a choice for 'Today Weather' as well. From my location in the Caribbean it's accurate & I believe is UK based. I will watch for the App update as Beta isn't my thing. Thanks for this!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A new beta is available.

There are some big changes coming to BeWeather.

- We have changed our weather data provider to OpenWeatherMap.

- We are making BeWeather free (Future premium features might only be available as a subscription, but if you paid for BeWeather previously you will keep all the features that you have paid for.)

The free version will show an ad banner on the forecast screen. If you are seeing this as a paid user please go to BeWeather settings and select 'Restore Purchases'.

No more widget???

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Are the changes only in Beta versions or also for general release??
Openweathermap is a first class source and is either now the default in free versions or at least a choice for 'Today Weather' as well. From my location in the Caribbean it's accurate & I believe is UK based. I will watch for the App update as Beta isn't my thing. Thanks for this!

The changes will come to the next public release.

smf

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I do miss the widget - it was one of the best legacy weather widgets - and I hope you bring it back in iOS 14.

Also in iOS 14.4 the 7 day forecast is missing data in the latest beta

IMG_0080.PNG

anon(10728799)

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
This is what I found on Forecast Advisor for OpenWeatherMap in my area. I downloaded the OWM app on my iPhone and it does not have a radar. Will BeWeather have a radar? Check out your accuracy on forecastadvisor.com

Weather forecast accuracy for Detroit, Michigan

Last Month (December)

1. Foreca 84.95%
2. AccuWeather 80.65%
3. The Weather Channel 78.23%
4. Wetter 76.61%
5. NWS Digital Forecast 76.18%
6. AerisWeather 76.08%
7. Weather Underground 76.08%
8. World Weather Online 72.85%
9. Open Weathermap 72.85%
10. Persistence 49.46%