being tracked by despotic parents...

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
......and this ridiculous thread continues. I'm thinking about wrapping this one up and taking it on a world wide comedy tour.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
why don't you try to see this from another person's perspective instead of being so damn thick headed?
I only skimmed the thread, but was wondering if you took the time to try to see this from your parents' perspective or did you immediately jump to the conclusion that it wasn't right and started looking for ways to circumvent it?
I'd say you're better off working with your parents than against them. If you've truly got nothing to hide, it should be quite easy :)

caspianx67

Jul 21, 2009
www.mattnewby.com
Your problem is that you are still legally a minor, under the jurisdiction of your parents, and you are actively pursuing lying to them about where you are, and admitting to using illegal drugs. Parents have every right to know where their minor children are and what they are up to. They have the right to set conditions on your liberty. Notwithstanding your good grades and other "good behavior", your admitted pot use and intent to deceive more than justifies your parent's concern.

By the way, "despot" comes from a word meaning "master of the house", and is a totally appropriate adjective to apply to one's father while living at home. If you don't like Dad's rules, you don't actually have much choice in the matter until you're legally of age. Then, you can choose to remain at home, following the rules of the house, or you can become your own despot and move out, paying your own way, and dealing with life on your own merits. In the meantime, I'd recommend you take steps to convince Mom and Dad that you ARE trustworthy and mature (in all ways, including forgoing so-called "recreational" drugs/aka "gateway" drugs, and being open and honest about where you're going and what you're doing)...

And yeah, I'm the Dad of two fine young men who are now in their 20s. You don't like my rules? Feel free to move out. Convince me you're mature and trustworthy, and my rules for you won't be much different than my rules for me... But you can't disregard the rules and expect to have me continue to subsidize your living expenses, provide a roof over your head, and put food in front of you.