Be honest: how long did it take you to get used to it?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The hard part is not getting used to Face ID and gestures, it's that those features are missing on my iPad! I keep swiping up on my iPad and then wondering why nothing happened.

lgdlman

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
The no home button, the hand gestures etc.
Because I tried playing with a X at the Apple store and it was mind boggling.
I ask because even though my iPhone 7 Plus « appeared » to have survived its trip through the soak and spin cycle, I can see that it doesn’t work quite right anymore and it’s full of hiccups so I might need to upgrade afterall.

1 day. . .

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No time at all. Because when I would jailbreak, there were tweaks to already do these gestures. And I preferred it. So in all reality, maybe 15 minutes to adjust.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The no home button, the hand gestures etc.
Because I tried playing with a X at the Apple store and it was mind boggling.
I ask because even though my iPhone 7 Plus « appeared » to have survived its trip through the soak and spin cycle, I can see that it doesn’t work quite right anymore and it’s full of hiccups so I might need to upgrade afterall.

I am testing it from the Pixel 2 XL. It took me a few hours at most and I got used to it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My dad had the greatest trouble today unlocking his old iPhone 6. He stared at it for a good few seconds and realized he has to use his finger

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
5 minutes, tops. There is little learning curve to learning how to use the X. It's just a different way of navigating a cellular device. Nothing more.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It was very quick for me, likely because I previously had a device with WebOS; I fell in love with it the first time I used it.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A day but I don't think I like gestures so much on the iPhone X just because I'm multitasking faster with a button before on older iPhones.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
A day at most and now Face ID is priceless for me it unlocks everything for me. At first I thought it was a gimmick but now wow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77