Battery Life after iOS 11 Upgrade?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I set my 7+ into recovery and setup as new and still have a battery drain issue. It’s definitely the os11 causing it. My standby is like 4hrs and that isn’t possible. Never had this much issue before. Dev beta 3 was fine all the way to just before GM.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
My problem returned after my Low Power Mode "fix." I toggled it a few more times, but also turned off location services except for while using app for nearly every app that didn't really need it enabled. Since then, I've had about 24 hours of normal battery performance (just knocked on wood!). So, whoever postulated that the issue could be something with location services being messed up in the background, you may be on to something.

Sandesh24

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
Yes, battery life is terrible after upgrade. I an using all the recommended optimised settings but still rate of battery drain is noticeably high. I am thinking to restore my 10.3.3 backup (since apple has stopped signing 10.3.3, backup is the last option)

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest fresh install; setup phone as "new" not from backup. I bit the bullet a few weeks back and did it on my iP7+ 11.0.3 battery life has been great.

I had thought of that but just can’t face it! And in all fairness it shouldn’t need to be done

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I had thought of that but just can’t face it! And in all fairness it shouldn’t need to be done

I was thinking the same, but just did it. Something had to give. Yea, it shouldn't have to be done, but I remember back in the older iOS days you almost had to. If something got corrupted; had to do a fresh install and not use your backup. I mean, it's already a headache, on what's causing battery drain and wonky things, on everyone's device. I said, "to myself couldn't hurt already." :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77