• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

ATV4 Hulu App

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Today (May 3, 2017) the Apple TV 4 Hulu app was updated. I love the new look, but how on earth can I see the list of episodes for each show?? It only shows two episodes for all (the "next" episode and the most recent episode available). Or am I really special?

I don't have (or want) the new live service.

I just don't get it. It's also not playing any videos ("there was an error playing this video"), but I imagine that's a separate issue.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey Slade,

I'm working on getting you an answer. I don't subscribe to Hulu anymore plus I'm an Apple TV 3 owner. :(

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an Apple TV 4 and I subscribe to Hulu, however I won't be able to check out Hulu on the Apple TV until the 13th. Just thinking back on how Hulu works, can't you just click on the series name to get to the full episode catalogue? Could you maybe take some pictures? That would help me hopefully get you a solid answer without actually being able to use my own Apple TV.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
You'd think so, but nope.

Here's the page for browsing shows and what it goes to after clicking on one:

55214e1a24b73ae1a8f902c9b2ebd28f.jpg

3eb6ccad3d3ac7868ab34cf9fd26bab3.jpg

Clicking on "details" does nothing (the page you're seeing is the details page). I've tried long pressing, swiping down, left, right and up a million times and nothing. I must be missing something.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You'd think so, but nope.

Here's the page for browsing shows and what it goes to after clicking on one:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170503/55214e1a24b73ae1a8f902c9b2ebd28f.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170503/3eb6ccad3d3ac7868ab34cf9fd26bab3.jpg

Clicking on "details" does nothing (the page you're seeing is the details page). I've tried long pressing, swiping down, left, right and up a million times and nothing. I must be missing something.

What about the middle icon with the 3 squares? That looks like it could be for more episodes.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I DO know that Hulu has a strange deal that forces them to make different things available on different platforms, perhaps only 2 episodes are available on Apple TV? This may be unlikely BUT it's possible.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I DO know that Hulu has a strange deal that forces them to make different things available on different platforms, perhaps only 2 episodes are available on Apple TV? This may be unlikely BUT it's possible.

That's never been the case prior to today.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I just checked Hulu on my Apple TV. From what I can see, some shows (such as the one above) just have the two episodes available. Others, if there are more episodes, will have "Episodes" as a choice on the top menu, in between the "Details" and "Related" options on your first picture. Apparently it does depend on the show, for example, one show I checked was Fox's "Making History" -- on the show's page (similar to what you show above) it has just two shows listed but, if I select "Episodes" from the top menu, it gives me 7 episodes that I can watch.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just checked Hulu on my Apple TV. From what I can see, some shows (such as the one above) just have the two episodes available. Others, if there are more episodes, will have "Episodes" as a choice on the top menu, in between the "Details" and "Related" options on your first picture. Apparently it does depend on the show, for example, one show I checked was Fox's "Making History" -- on the show's page (similar to what you show above) it has just two shows listed but, if I select "Episodes" from the top menu, it gives me 7 episodes that I can watch.

That's weird, Hulu is messing with people now then. Bob's Burgers on the AppleTV app since updating shows 2 episodes, and Hulu on the iPhone shows 19 episodes.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
This is what I get for Bob's Burgers, notice the "Episodes" option in the top menu:
IMG_0081.jpg
And when I select "Episodes" it takes me to this screen, which shows 19 episodes that I can watch.
IMG_0082.jpg

I guess one silly question, are you signed in? I had to sign in when I went to Hulu, I believe because no information is automatically transferred into the new app from the old one because of the differences in set up. If that isn't the issue, I'm guessing you'll need to contact Hulu about why the episodes are not showing up for you.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Today (May 3, 2017) the Apple TV 4 Hulu app was updated. I love the new look, but how on earth can I see the list of episodes for each show?? It only shows two episodes for all (the "next" episode and the most recent episode available). Or am I really special?

I don't have (or want) the new live service.

I just don't get it. It's also not playing any videos ("there was an error playing this video"), but I imagine that's a separate issue.

This is what I get for Bob's Burgers, notice the "Episodes" option in the top menu:
View attachment 118061
And when I select "Episodes" it takes me to this screen, which shows 19 episodes that I can watch.
View attachment 118062

I guess one silly question, are you signed in? I had to sign in when I went to Hulu, I believe because no information is automatically transferred into the new app from the old one because of the differences in set up. If that isn't the issue, I'm guessing you'll need to contact Hulu about why the episodes are not showing up for you.

Does this help?

As for me, no, I won't be at my Apple TV until the 13th. This is good information to keep in mind though.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I tweeted at them showing them my screen. No response yet. We'll see I guess ������

Thanks for trying :)

I'm sorry to hear this. One other thought that might be worth trying is to delete the Hulu app and then reinstall (or even restore the ATV). I'm wondering if something got "stuck" in the app and it doesn't recognize your subscription. Might be worth the try.

My only other suggestion is trying at help.hulu.com.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin