AT&T issue

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have AT&T and my wife has Verizon. After sandy my phone is basically non usable. Barley get a signal anywhere. My wife's Verizon phone is working fine. She has no reception issues at all.

I thought all carriers used the same towers.

Why would my phone be affected and not my wife's phone.

Very Very frustrated right now.

Thinking of dropping AT&T

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Did not know that.

I guess I will wait it out. It's a small issue compared to many

Pray for the people affected by the storm. Can't imagine losing my home.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have AT&T and my wife has Verizon. After sandy my phone is basically non usable. Barley get a signal anywhere. My wife's Verizon phone is working fine. She has no reception issues at all.

I thought all carriers used the same towers.

Why would my phone be affected and not my wife's phone.

Very Very frustrated right now.

Thinking of dropping AT&T

Many more factors to consider during a natural disaster like Sandy.
1)may be same physical tower, may not, but it will be different antennas and equipment at the bottom of the tower. After prolonged power outages on site generator and battery backups can run out or there could be physical tower damage.
2)from the tower it goes on fiber, depending on the fiber network one might have severe damage, one might not. Some fiber is on poles and therefore come down during storms because of wind and falling trees and some is buried and can suffer water damage at splice points or have their enclosure run over by a vehicle.
3)after the fiber it goes to a switch just like landline telephone. Again, the facility could be damaged or it could just be down because of prolonged power outages.

Most facilities have battery and generator backup that can run as long as you can provide gas and continue to refill the diesel, gasoline, propane, or natural gas. Well, power has been out for over a week, there are lots of natural gas line ruptures, and there is no gas or diesel available so.....

Be patient, it sucks, but be happy you are alive.

Some things are out of everyone's control, in this case it sounds like Verizon got lucky and not AT&T.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2