Are You Planning To Purchase One Of The iPhone 16/16Pro Models?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Still undecided. 14 PM is doing just fine plus it’s purple. May have to hang onto it a while longer.
My iPhone 14 Pro is also purple, and although I really like the color, I’m ready to upgrade. Granted, my iPhone 14 Pro is performing perfectly. No question about it, however, I’m ready for the new best thing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow. You’ll be holding onto your iPhone 15 Pro for a few years. I haven’t found that kind of contentment yet.
This is what I do - I buy a new iPhone every 30 months, and keep my old one as a backup (trading in the one I kept as a backup.) Well, with one exception - I just gave my old 13 Pro to my son because his XR was starting to fail. So at some point soon I'll buy a refurbed 13 or maybe an SE to keep as a backup.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have no plans to upgrade this year.

Having said that, I as well as a lot of members say that every year and then upgrade in September .

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is what I do - I buy a new iPhone every 30 months, and keep my old one as a backup (trading in the one I kept as a backup.) Well, with one exception - I just gave my old 13 Pro to my son because his XR was starting to fail. So at some point soon I'll buy a refurbed 13 or maybe an SE to keep as a backup.
My previous iPhone models have often been relegated to backup status with the exception of times I’ve given them to my kids or, in the case of my iPhone 12 Pro, my mother-in-law. So we’re similar in that regard.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no plans to upgrade this year.

Having said that, I as well as a lot of members say that every year and then upgrade in September .
That used to be me for sure, but I’ve gotten better. I didn’t get the iPhone 15 and the iPhone 13 models. The only reason I opted not to get an iPhone 15 model was because I had just moved into my new house and opted to get the Watch Ultra 2 instead. It’ll be very hard for me to bypass one of the iPhone 16 models.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My previous iPhone models have often been relegated to backup status with the exception of times I’ve given them to my kids or in the case of my iPhone 12 Pro gave to my mother-in-law. So we’re similar in that regard.
I stopped keeping a backup iPhone. If it breaks, I will have to find $1900 to replace it.

That’s because they have become way more expensive. 😥

Reactions: Just_Me_D

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
$1,900? You definitely need to consider getting Apple Care +… ;)
You wish! That would balloon the price to $2330, with two years of coverage. And that price doesn't include loss or theft.

I will note that I got my price wrong for the base iPhone 15 Pro Max when looking up the cost of AppleCare+. It's not $1900, it's more like $2020. And now you know why I keep the for 4-5 years 😅

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You wish! That would balloon the price to $2330, with two years of coverage. And that price doesn't include loss or theft.

I will note that I got my price wrong for the base iPhone 15 Pro Max when looking up the cost of AppleCare+. It's not $1900, it's more like $2020. And now you know why I keep the for 4-5 years 😅
Oh wow. I completely understand your reasoning now, and many of us would be doing the same thing. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I stopped keeping a backup iPhone. If it breaks, I will have to find $1900 to replace it.
The biggest issue for me is that my wife and I frequently travel in places where it's not always easy to find a replacement phone, so I want to have a backup with us in case we're robbed, or one of the phones fails. The added benefit is what just happened with our son - we could give him a newer phone (I had just replaced the battery, too, so it's like a refurb).

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The biggest issue for me is that my wife and I frequently travel in places where it's not always easy to find a replacement phone, so I want to have a backup with us in case we're robbed, or one of the phones fails. The added benefit is what just happened with our son - we could give him a newer phone (I had just replaced the battery, too, so it's like a refurb).
That’s perfectly understandable.

I don’t do much international travel anymore. So I can pop into any Apple Store, Best Buy or carrier store and replace mine. That makes it really easy :)

The only international place I’m likely to end up stranded without a phone is the United States of America, whose phones are not 100% compatible with our phone networks, because of different bands and the lack of nanoSIM slot. And I rarely travel there 😄

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss999