Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

Are you going to buy the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID?

• Yes

Votes: 41 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If I don't win one here from iMore I won't be buying one now as my current MacBook Pro is pretty recent. I will wait a year or so hoping for a memory bump or a price drop.

lionelwolfe

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I do wonder how the whole ports (MacBook Pro) and headphone jack (iPhone) topics would've been addressed by Steve. I don't think he would've liked the ideas of dongles. What about you?

Baltiervaan

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
yeah i will. but the price is holding me back. i want the touch bar tho. really want to try it if its gonna be worth the price that high.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the one without the Touch Bar....then took back and got the MacBook Air. But once I started using it I was like if I'm going to spend over $1000 for a MacBook I might as well fork up the money and get the new MacBook Pro back. Hard to go back from Retina to a regular screen. Didn't like it lol. Plus I can definitely notice the speed difference in the new MacBook vs the Air. It was a no brainer to go and get the new MacBook Pro back!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just ordered the MBP 13 w/ Touch Bar. I have a late 2011 MBP that I maxed out the specs on (for the time). Unfortunately I spilled some booze in it recently. It still works, but it fried the battery. It only works when plugged in. Also it seems to have done something to the hard drive. I keep getting SMART errors anytime I try to update anything. I'm just hoping it holds out til my new one gets here. Estimated shipping is Dec. 20-26. I'm hoping it gets pushed up though.

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to buy one this year (but I will happily take one if I win one from iMore) as my current MacBook Pro is quite new. In a year or so I will look to see what the price & performance are like and likely upgrade then.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
My concern is that the Touch Bar is a half-measure at best (despite Schiller's protests to the contrary a touch screen laptop is a great third input interface), and they should have include at least 1 USB Type A port for thumbdrives and their own iPhone cables.

Scootsd

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
It is going to be tough to justify buying the new MBP this year. Come January 1 that is a different story, the start of a new year.

shess03

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
I am going to college and am going to use the new MacBook for the whole four years, may as well not start a generation behind! I am new to Mac, so hopefully I can get ahold of it quickly... rather just win it though! ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No. My mid 2015 MBP that I bought in June of 2015 will be just fine. No reason to drop 3 grand after tax for a new one to get my same 15" 500 GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottgard