• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Are you able to sync music you've bought on other sites (Amazon, etc) to your iPhone?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've tried but I couldn't do it. Do you Check mark the songs? Hit sync?

Add your music to iTunes. Either drag/drop it into iTunes or use the File/Add to Library dialog...

Then connect your iPhone to your computer... open iTunes, click on your phone (in iTunes), pick the Music tab and select what gets synced... it’s really very straight-forward.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been able to add music that I bought from Amazon and had on my BlackBerry to my iPod Touch with no issues. Not sure if my Amazon songs are protected or not.

I just made a folder on my PC and put all my music into it, including my Amazon purchases. Then opened, iTunes and chose to add a folder to my library.

Works fine. Once in a while I'll see in my iTunes library that it can't find a song, just double click it and select to locate that song, then browser for the folder it's in on your computer.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention is that iTunes sometimes needs to convert the format of my songs.

It does this automatically and quickly.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the format is referred to as MP3, you don't need to "click on "Create AAC version"
just follow Fausty82 steps to sync your music to iTunes, using the same Apple ID!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
AmazonMP3s are unprotected and play just fine on the iPhone without the need to be converted. After you download songs from Amazon you need to add them to your iTunes library, you can configure the AmazonMP3 downloader to do this automatically for you.

Then sync songs from iTunes as usual.

Ciumpalacul

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I started to get tired of iTunes. It's so bloated and runs so slow on my windows pc. I hope on Mac is better!

I personally use Style Jukebox Cloud Player.

One can upload 1000 songs for free, of any format, no matter where you bought from and after that it's automatically synced with your iphone and android or windows phone.
They don't have a Mac version, but the Windows app is really really good!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I started to get tired of iTunes. It's so bloated and runs so slow on my windows pc. I hope on Mac is better!

I personally use Style Jukebox Cloud Player.

One can upload 1000 songs for free, of any format, no matter where you bought from and after that it's automatically synced with your iphone and android or windows phone.
They don't have a Mac version, but the Windows app is really really good!

iTunes on Mac is incredibly smooth, simple, and quick. But it is also quick on a well built and maintained PC. If iTunes is slowing down your PC, there is more going on there than just iTunes.

and for the OP question: Yes. I am able to sync music I've downloaded from many other sites to my iPhone through iTunes.