AppleID change

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I know how to do it but has anyone changed their AppleID?

I've used the same one for years (my Hotmail) but as this is a very childish address which I created when I was 13 I think it's about time I change it to something more adult.

Just wondered what implications there are besides having to update it on all my devices.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I did!

The only downside is that purchases won't transfer, even if you backup with your new Apple ID.
They'll stay on your device but if you delete them or factory reset, you'll have to buy them again.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I did!

The only downside is that purchases won't transfer, even if you backup with your new Apple ID.
They'll stay on your device but if you delete them or factory reset, you'll have to buy them again.
I didn't lose any purchases when I changed the email address associated with my Apple ID. I've never had to buy purchased apps again.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I didn't lose any purchases when I changed the email address associated with my Apple ID. I've never had to buy purchased apps again.
Oh I did!
When I wanted to restore from an iCloud backup with my new Apple ID, I was prompted to enter my former Apple ID password to restore purchases made with it.
So I had to buy them again, since they're linked to the Apple ID and not to the device.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh I did!
When I wanted to restore from an iCloud backup with my new Apple ID, I was prompted to enter my former Apple ID password to restore purchases made with it.
So I had to buy them again, since they're linked to the Apple ID and not to the device.
Did you create a NEW Apple ID or merely change the email address associated with your Apple ID (which keeps it as the same account not a new account)?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB