Apple Weather is still not on par with Dark Sky in my opinion

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How accurate is it, within 10-20 minutes of an event ?

The radar is pretty hit or miss while in the “next hour” section IF that section even loads. I often have to switch to the AccuWeather app to see where the precipitation is or is coming from.

To be fair, the rain alert notices (rain will begin in x amount of minutes) I get from the native weather app is pretty accurate.

Last edited:

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The radar is pretty hit or miss while in the “next hour” section IF that section even loads. I often have to switch to the AccuWeather app to see where the precipitation is or is coming from.

To be fair, the rain alert notices (rain will begin in x mount of minutes) I get from the native weather app is pretty accurate.

Agree this has been my same experience with the native weather app too. I have to rely on another weather app radar to see precipitation on a map for my area but the rain notifications have been fairly accurate.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm watching it now... the app is saying that there's a chance of light rain within the next hour. I'm using this post as a time stamp.

The native app accurately predicted precipitation… it was only 10 minutes off, which I think is acceptable.