Apple Watch Newbie

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I just got my Series 5 GPS 40mm. I know it's the feature people have been waiting for but I turned off Always On to preserve battery life.
Coming from the Series 3 it doesn't bother me to turn my wrist to look at the watch. I can't see anything if I'm not looking at it anyway

I also removed the apps I don't use and turned off the notifications for most of the apps save a few.

My battery lasts a day that way

I also keep wifi off. Only use the Bluetooth.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got my Series 5 GPS 40mm. I know it's the feature people have been waiting for but I turned off Always On to preserve battery life.
Coming from the Series 3 it doesn't bother me to turn my wrist to look at the watch. I can't see anything if I'm not looking at it anyway

I also removed the apps I don't use and turned off the notifications for most of the apps save a few.

My battery lasts a day that way

I also keep wifi off. Only use the Bluetooth.

Over time, you might want to slowly add features (always on, more notifications, wifi, etc.) and see what happens to battery life. You should be able to use all those things and get at least a day's worth of battery. If your watch is new, it may just need some time to "settle in." I know that may sound odd, but I've experienced it with new software versions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cvdgrgg