Apple TV - arrange / organize apps?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Since getting my ATV last week, I've been wondering about how to organize / arrange the apps. I was thinking of linking networks together, movies together, sports together, games together, etc.

What do you do?

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I also put most used items first. But I also try to keep similar apps together, e.g., news apps (abc, nbc, etc.), weather apps, entertainment streaming sites (Netflix), then utilities at the end (Speedtest).

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I only organize the first two shelves. Everything else is in the order I downloaded the apps. It works for me because I have Siri launch the app I want.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I only organize the first two shelves. Everything else is in the order I downloaded the apps. It works for me because I have Siri launch the app I want.

That's a good point... though I use both the Siri remote and the previous gen (silver) remote. I keep the Siri remote hidden for me and just let the kids use the silver. But sometimes I grab the silver for my own use and just navigate. So far I'm finding it's not been too big of a deal, the icons are big and bright enough it's easy to find what I want.

But who knows down the road... and if I'm going to organize them I'd rather start now!

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
That's a good point... though I use both the Siri remote and the previous gen (silver) remote. I keep the Siri remote hidden for me and just let the kids use the silver. But sometimes I grab the silver for my own use and just navigate. So far I'm finding it's not been too big of a deal, the icons are big and bright enough it's easy to find what I want.

But who knows down the road... and if I'm going to organize them I'd rather start now!

In your case I can see the need for organization. The tv is all mine so I just let the apps sit wherever they land. I just don't know how I can go about organizing with no folders. Folders on iOS has spoiled me. I forgot to mention most of 's apps are on the bottom row. I rarely rent movies. I only buy a tv episode if I missed it and can't get it any other way. When I buy movies I download once to my iMac and AirPlay to my tv. Only Computers and Settings are in the second row. The App Store and Music are in the first row. I've never used the Photos app. I never used it on the tv 3 either.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
In your case I can see the need for organization. The tv is all mine so I just let the apps sit wherever they land. I just don't know how I can go about organizing with no folders. Folders on iOS has spoiled me. I forgot to mention most of 's apps are on the bottom row. I rarely rent movies. I only buy a tv episode if I missed it and can't get it any other way. When I buy movies I download once to my iMac and AirPlay to my tv. Only Computers and Settings are in the second row. The App Store and Music are in the first row. I've never used the Photos app. I never used it on the tv 3 either.

It's not too bad, I think as long as I know where they are, it'll be ok :) Like I said, the icons are large enough that it's not hard to spot them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MannyVelez1