Apple TV (2010) give away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpermann

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Starting teaching technology in our school district with a lab full of Apple IIe.. have advanced over the years with Apple. Just getting into iPads in the classroom.. would like to see how we could use the Apple TV.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I need it (I know you said "want", but I feel need is more appropriate in my case! ,) ) for a few reasons.

One. I am, as we speak, cutting the cord/beam of satellite and cable. About two months ago I looked at my Dish Network bill and figured out I had enough. 113 dollars a month for cable, especially with the amount of media available on the internet now, is just a bit too ridiculous and since then i have slowly weening myself of standard TV. Lowered my bill to it's minimum 9till the plug pull), ordered cabling to run from my upstairs computer room to my TV set, get an external antenna, etc..... so I'm a week or two from cutting the cord but the thing is, using my computer as my primary gateway to the internet media I seek is comping at the expense of monopolizing the computer when in use. And my wife, a Cert. Vet tech who is continuing education, needs that computer most of the time. So an apple TV would not only be a great thing for you to bestow on me, you'd really be helping a marriage stay together! ;)

Two. I've always been big in the jailbreak community so getting in on the ground floor with this would be awesome. To not only beta test but try and help develop apps to heighten the iTV end experience would be awesome. Of course, I would write about all that stuff first on TiPB! (Who am I kidding, if I dont "win" it and end up getting one, I'm gonna write that stuff on here first anyway!)

Three. That thing would look sweet in my AVR rack 'cuase simplistic high tech electronics are soooo damn perddy.

samirestefan

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Airplay!

Airplay will be the Trojan Horse of the AppleTV into the living room. I want the new AppleTV for ME, for my Children and for my Wife. We are a heavy Itunes-user family and this little gadget would be the perfect central point of our entertainment!

ayust66

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife will not let me buy the new Apple TV because we have the old one. Crazy logic. So, I would like the new Apple TV, because I lust after new Apple products, and because my birthday is next week. Thank you.

soh20#IM

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
because i have never ever won anything before :/
and i kinda collect apple stuff :) and of course i would like to try my i4 with the apple tv!

v1nc3nt

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Pick ME!

I was never a fan of Apple and was only 100% Windows. I thought Apple is never going to be at par with what Microsoft was offering me.

Everything changed when I got my Iphone 3g! APple FTW! so simple to use, elegant and most of apple. it just works! I got my Ipad with no hesitation and regrets (although i'm waiting for Ipad2). Apple delivers and impresses, I don't think my views towards Apple will ever going to change.

Why do I need an Apple TV?

because it's Apple's.. and I know it's going to be magical, revolutionary and most of all.... will simply work!

PICK ME TIPB!!!

ciesla504

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Simply a stay-at-home mom, work-at-home mom that loves her movies and has never owned her very own "Apple" product of any type! This would be an amazing 1st Apple product to own!

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I would want an apple tv for streaming movies, music, and netflix to my tv. oh, and maybe a little hacking on the side when the wife's not looking ;)

NyxoLyno

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
It's all about the screaming!

A letter to my son Edwin:

Edwin,

I know you love the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Wall-E, Finding Nemo and a littany of other colorful Pixar movies, and I apologize for only having them available on my laptop, or on my iPhone. I know you have really great vision at your age - what seven month old doesn't?

But I'm sorry I can't play your favorites on our TV.

You see, Apple released a new device that will take care of that for you, but unfortunately, on a fixed military income, it's hard to find the extra cash we need to buy one.

When mommy and I need to make a decision between buying something like the AppleTV or baby formula and diapers, we usually choose the later, because we want to keep you healthy and clean.

Maybe someday when you learn how to use the potty and eat the same food mommy and I do we can afford such a thing, but until that day comes, we'll have to appease your temper-reducing Mickey Mouse views with daddy's laptop.

Since you seem content drinking your food and pooping yourself, perhaps the good folks at TiPb can help us out in the meantime.

Sincerely,
Daddy

cpalmer17

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Simple Reason

I'd like the Apple gift card/Apple TV prize because, unlike all the other BS replies here, I just really want something for free. Now, it doesn't hurt that we are a Windows/PC family in transition to becoming a complete "Apple" household and this would complete that process. But, c'mon, we all love "free," don't we?

jp1tx#IM

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I need the AppleTV because I'm addicted to iOS... well jailbreaking iOS. Heck I'm even thinking of moving to Macs from PC. Crazy I know!:D

rbiro

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I need a better Netflix streamer

Netflix on my tivo always starts out with lost audio and the sync seems to be off a touch.
I want a good, simple, silent solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23