Apple Pay

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried at cvs yesterday. Not set up for it yet. When I asked the cashier he acted as if he had no clue what Apple pay is.

Same thing at the Whitewater WI Walgreens...Cashier had no clue what Apple Pay was.... The store did have the reader and it was a snap.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I used it today at the grocery store and it was a snap. I like that I don't even have to have the phone unlocked and I don't have to put in a code. Makes it very easy. Was very pleased with how well it worked.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. That card and my debit card were the ones I was waiting for. Now just to wait for my bank to support it

Roikins

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping we'll get to see Apple Pay support here in Canada, eventually...

Read a few articles claiming that the banks (or at least TD) aren't expecting it here for at least another year. That's disappointing if so. We have such an abundance of NFC-enabled pay terminals here, it would be rather silly of the banks/credit co's here not to take advantage of it. Especially if it's just because of Apple's tiny service fee/cut of the payment amounts...

As of yet, unless I'm doing something wrong, the Passbook app on my 6 (iOS 8.1 of course) doesn't even let me scan in a credit card, so I'm assuming it's currently disabled for non-US users?

Try to change in settings General- Language and region. Put USA. I heard that it allows you to open ApplePay and upload CC.

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's correct, I just gave a little advice how people's from other countries can open ApplePay and if they have US issued CC, they can use it any country where is NFC.
:)

Yeah, I had seen an article about this and got excited, until I realized that I still wouldn't be able to use my Canadian cards. :(

Oh well. Let's hope for sooner rather than later!

Roikins

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I had seen an article about this and got excited, until I realized that I still wouldn't be able to use my Canadian cards. :(

Oh well. Let's hope for sooner rather than later!

Come to US, open a bank account in Wells Fargo or Bank Of America, and you all set :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2