Apple Notes: No Table Column Width & Subfolders

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
This applies to the Apple Notes app on all platforms.
There is no feedback category on the Apple feedback site for the notes App (???), so all I can do is to offload my frustration here.

Since ~1 or 2 years, I've been trying to migrate from Evernote to Apple notes. Main reasons being overall app performance and search speed, which seems to be better with Apple notes.

I tried again today, exported all my Evernote-notes, and imported them into Apple notes. The import worked impressively fast and smoothly.

2 main things eventually made me stick to Evernote for the time being:

• Apple Notes still doesn't allow for creating subfolders, or folder stacks. I'm using this extensively in Evernote.
  • Tables in Apple Notes: there is no way of how to modify column widths for tables. This is pathetic. I could live with the way inferior text & cell formatting options (compared to Evernote), but width modification is such a basic requirement for any table, anywhere.

There are a couple of more issues that I have with Apple Notes, compared to E., but these are the main ones, which still keep me away from migrating.
All these fancy pencil features don't help, as long as the basics aren't right.
All I hope is that someone at Apple who is interested in perfecting the notes app reads this, and acts accordingly.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
no not the beta feedback site. Actually the one that you posted is the one I usually use - as long as can I find the product or app I want to give feedback on there. Notes is not there. Often the OS levels to choose from are not up to date (right now they are). So it's a little cumbersome. But I did what you recommended and sent feedback via the iPhone category. So thanks anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
no not the beta feedback site. Actually the one that you posted is the one I usually use - as long as can I find the product or app I want to give feedback on there. Notes is not there. Often the OS levels to choose from are not up to date (right now they are). So it's a little cumbersome. But I did what you recommended and sent feedback via the iPhone category. So thanks anyway.

There's not much to choose on that feedback site. You just tell them what you would like to see in Notes.
39f37af0ffe2d45c4bfd2befc5734ea7.jpg

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
There's not much to choose on that feedback site. You just tell them what you would like to see in Notes.
Like I said, I know this site. And I used it often. In the past, the iOS versions and/or the Mac OS versions to chose from were not up to date. THis was particularly annoying when trying to submit an iOS or Mac OS problem. But like I also said, this time the versions were up to date.
The main problem I had with this site (and still have!) is the fact that certain Apple stock apps can not be chosen to give feedback on.
Like eg Apple Notes.