Apple Music Album Art Issues

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
As an iTunes Match subscriber since it launched, odd cover choices aren't new. However, it seems Apple Music has taken it to a new level.

What are some of the more ironic ones you've noticed.

Mine is Adele's 21

It is a black and grey XL

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ha! Not allowed through the app!

But here you go. Said Adelle

image.png

Should be

Adele_-_21.png

Last edited:

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
This reminds me of when iTunes Match first launched and I subscribed to it on day one or close to it I think - I was definitely an early adopter of it. I was looking forward to having my library matched with what was in the iTunes Store, or if that wasn't possible then having my non-matched music uploaded, so that I could then stream my music to any of my devices. One of the chief features for me was not needing to have my music be local (on device) for me in order for me to listen to it. HOWEVER , I discovered in short order that 'Match' really loved playing with my music's metadata on my computer - the usual wrong album art, or albums being split up into two or more separate ones, among other issues that I had. So, I ended up turning Match off a short while into my years subscription of it, and then I went into my account in iTunes to turn off the automatic renewal option of it as well. This was my experience of it only, YMMV. However what I'd like to see, but am not sure how easy or doable it might be for Apple to implement is some sort of dialog box, or menu selection that says something to the effect of 'prioritize local/library metadata.' Some option or selection that would tell Apple Music/iTunes Match to essentially leave a users local library and its' metadata alone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2