Apple Magsafe battery pack

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
what are the advantages of the MagSafe battery pack? Does it help save your iphone battery itself? is it bulky in your pocket?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I really like mine. I usually carry it in my purse unless I'm charging my iPhone, then I carry it in my pocket. I'm not sure whether or not it saves my iPhone battery, but I think of it as an insurance policy. If I'm out and about, and my phone's battery is low, then I use it. It's so convenient, plus, not having to dig out a cable is such a bonus!

Last edited:

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
what are the advantages of the MagSafe battery pack? Does it help save your iphone battery itself? is it bulky in your pocket?

Hi Chris, I have the apple mag safe battery pack, for use with my iPhone 12. like mine and use it more than I thought I would.

As far as pocket feel, it reminds one of the phone and smart battery case combo from the past. I don't perceive it to be bulky at all.

Definitely use a massage case with the battery case so it is more secure, otherwise the lower portion will slip around.

With regards to helping save your battery, the apple one is designed to keep your phone at 91% of your battery. It will drop down to about 89% before the pack charges back to 91%. Depending on how heavy I usey phone with the battery pack, I can go a whole day before the pack is depleted and I have 91% of my phone battery left.

I hope this helps.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris, I have the apple mag safe battery pack, for use with my iPhone 12. like mine and use it more than I thought I would.

As far as pocket feel, it reminds one of the phone and smart battery case combo from the past. I don't perceive it to be bulky at all.

Definitely use a massage case with the battery case so it is more secure, otherwise the lower portion will slip around.

With regards to helping save your battery, the apple one is designed to keep your phone at 91% of your battery. It will drop down to about 89% before the pack charges back to 91%. Depending on how heavy I usey phone with the battery pack, I can go a whole day before the pack is depleted and I have 91% of my phone battery left.

I hope this helps.

What is message case

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like mine. I usually carry it in my purse unless I'm charging my iPhone, then I carry it in my pocket. I'm not sure whether or not it saves my iPhone battery, but I think of it as an insurance policy. If I'm out and about, and my phone's battery is low, then I use it. It's so inconvenient, plus, not having to dig out a cable is such a bonus!

Since I'm going to be out and about more often, I'm seriously considering getting one of these.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I still usually get a full day’s use out oh my IP so I have no personal experience with it, however, from a number of tech channels I watch, you’d think it should be called the Notorious Apple Magsafe battery pack. “Trash”, “worst Apple product of 2021” “doesn’t sufficiently charge” “no reverse charging” etc. so it is interesting to see users posting here that love theirs. There’s suggestions in the comments section of the tech channels their expectations for it were misdirected.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have Spigen’s version of the MagSafe battery charger, so I cannot speak about Apple’s. This is not a battery case… it’s a portable battery charger, and fot my needs, it works great. I would imagine that Apple’s does as well.

Last edited:

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have Spigen’s version of the MagSafe battery charger, so I cannot speak about Apple’s. This is jot a battery case… it’s a portable battery charger, and fot my needs, it works great. I would imagine that Apple’s does as well.

My post on page 1 was about the apple magsafe pack.

I also forgot to add it can charge airpods pro wirelessly. And if you use at least a 20w or higher charger and the USBC to lightning cable, the pack is a magsafe fast charger for the phone. It's really multifaceted.

And the software integration is the top perk

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have one (Apple MagSafe battery pack) and was using it while I was on vacation the last few weeks; I used it a few times when I thought I might not make it back to my room to top up the storage.

I don't love it, but it's fine for very occasional use. It's quite a bit thicker than I though it might be, and I wish it came in more colors than just white - it seems quite ugly on the midnight leather case IMO. But it came in handy a few times, and I think it will in the future. It's a lot more convenient I think than having a battery pack with a cable. Well, at least for some people.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I really like mine. I usually carry it in my purse unless I'm charging my iPhone, then I carry it in my pocket. I'm not sure whether or not it saves my iPhone battery, but I think of it as an insurance policy. If I'm out and about, and my phone's battery is low, then I use it. It's so inconvenient, plus, not having to dig out a cable is such a bonus!

You actually mean convenient

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I have one (Apple MagSafe battery pack) and was using it while I was on vacation the last few weeks; I used it a few times when I thought I might not make it back to my room to top up the storage.

I don't love it, but it's fine for very occasional use. It's quite a bit thicker than I though it might be, and I wish it came in more colors than just white - it seems quite ugly on the midnight leather case IMO. But it came in handy a few times, and I think it will in the future. It's a lot more convenient I think than having a battery pack with a cable. Well, at least for some people.

They have protective covers that come in different colors for ithttps://www.amazon.com/Protective-Compatible-Lightweight-Shockproof-Silicone/dp/B09BTZH77Z/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?crid=30J7ES558992J&keywords=magsafe%2Bbattery%2Bpack%2Bcover%2Bcase&qid=1644018384&sprefix=magszfe%2Bbatter%2Bpack%2Bcov%2Caps%2C116&sr=8-12-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWlY3MzZVVUFITktHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzczODY1MUIwMlk5Mk1ONU1MRCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTgyMjU3M1NZNTJTRTNBWUIyNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just invested in an  MagSafe battery pack today. As I’ve previously mentioned in another post regarding the 12 series phones, my battery is just sucking wind lately…especially since iOS 15.

I’ll post back in a week or so on my feelings about it. I can say just out of the box it’s bulky and heavy, especially added to the back of the phone.