Apple dodges lawsuit over misleading iCloud storage charges

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm scratching my head on this one. How does one "not know" about recurring charges when they sign up for additional iPhone storage?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How did it “trick” customers into thinking it’s free 5 GBs of iCloud storage would be enough? If your iPhone is full and you have 6 GBs of data that needs storing on iCloud, how can you assume 5 GB would be enough? Isn’t 6 more than 5? SMH…wow!

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How did it “trick” customers into thinking it’s free 5 GBs of iCloud storage would be enough? If your iPhone is full and you have 6 GBs of data that needs storing on iCloud, how did can you assume 5 GB would be enough? Isn’t 6 more than 5? SMH…wow!

giphy.gif

I guess being tricked by magic isn’t a valid reason to sue a company

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Also, hot coffee is hot.

This lawsuit makes no sense whatsoever.

On one side, no one is forcing you to use iCloud, on the other it’s very clear that iCloud storage is a monthly subscription.
6afdb971438de7adddfa16b8cd7bd4f2.jpg

I guess some people are out of this world looking in⁇

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Litigation has different ecosystems. There are lawsuits over here where aggrieved parties look for compensation. Over there is the gray area litigation ecosystem. This is law firms that pursue wording litigation. If you ever wondered why it will say “don’t eat the cardboard box” your cookies come in? this is the result from the gray area litigation industry. Generic example: Company X says “if you want more space, there will be a charge”. Litigation begins because they didn’t also say if you “need” more space.
This will be for Apple, Google, Samsung and every other company you can think of. The companies build into their pricing the cost of certain to come gray area litigation (unfortunately we the consumer ultimately pay for it).

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I no way needed more storage, but signed up for the minimum to get an extra security feature, I now forget what !!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2