App pricing

Little Bella

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I would ask if you guys have any opinions on App pricing.

Specifically ... Do you believe in low prices and to rely on volume to get $$
or do you prefer to price at what you think the app is worth?

Or do you have another philosophy?

Thanks

blakejackson

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Price it at what its worth. The whole "volume" argument wont work because there is not an unlimited supply of customers out there for apps. The customers are limited to those who have already paid at least $200 for the device. In light of how many overall consumers there are in the US alone, that isn't alot of people. Especially in this economy. If the volume argument held true, then Microsoft should lower the price of XBOX games to $19.99. They can't do it. If iFart can sell thousands of copies for 99 cents and become the most popular app in the app store, I don't mind spending five dollars on Rolando. This is, of course, just my humble opinion.

rustcycle

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. Price it at what you think is the honest fair value. I initially posted an app at $.99 and received a lot of flak once I added features and raised it to $1.99

Rogerup

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
"price at what you think the app is worth" ?

I think that price, is the best price that cover your costs and make more profit.

A game in XBOX is sold for xx.yy because Microsoft think they will earn more then kk.ll (minor price) and vv.ww (major price).

If you made a great casual game, for me the best price is 0.99, I think with this price you will earn more money than any other price (unless you are a great game producer, in this case people will pay more).

If you made a great enginnearing app, the best price for earn more could be 9.99, 99.99, 999.99.

techiemom

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
I say start high because then you have room for a sale. If you are only 99 cents then you can't go on sale. I think you get the most sales in the beginning and then it might flatten out. Check out this "appstore secrets" slideshow from pinch media about pricing and selling Sorry but it says I do not have enough posts yet to put in a link. look up pinch media and search for it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad