Anyone use a kindle fire?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I've been giving thought to purchasing a kindle fire HDX 7inch tablet to read my kindle books on and listen to my amazon music and watch my instant videos and prime videos on, but was wondering if there was a point when i already own a iPad 4 that can technically already do all this.

The biggest selling point for the HDX would be the smaller size (I find the iPad to be too large to utilize comfortably in bed)

Does anyone else use a kindle fire in addition to their other tablets? Do you use it only for amazon content?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have one, but my brother does, and he rarely uses it. If your iPad 4 is too large for you, consider the iPad Mini or the iPad mini with retina display. Personally, I prefer to use my Kindle Paperwhite for reading ebooks because, for me, it's a more pleasant reading experience with no eye fatigue.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't have one, but my brother does, and he rarely uses it. If your iPad 4 is too large for you, consider the iPad Mini or the iPad mini with retina display. Personally, I prefer to use my Kindle Paperwhite for reading ebooks because, for me, it's a more pleasant reading experience with no eye fatigue.

Yeah, I'm more than likely going to get a iPad mini soon because, while I find uses for the larger iPads size, there's more cases where I want a smaller iPad

Just thought the HDX would be a cheaper option.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Kindle Fires don't run every Android app out there which is a non starter for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my mom has it, she's 65 and I think has every piece if tech under the sun, kindle, kindle fire, iPad mini, iPad air, iPhone 5, she got the 5 on launch day!!! I called her and was like you are ridiculous! And she buys all this stuff herself it isn't gifts .... Then again when I was in middle school and cable modems were first coming out , our area was one of the test beds , and she was the one that saw the ad and ordered the service.

Oh yeah ... The fire is actually pretty good device! I like the iPad more but it's a solid piece of hardware. It's bulkier for sure than the mini.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I actually second the Kindle Paperwhite recommendation, as I have a Kindle myself. The display is just so gentle on the eyes that it's really a joy to keep reading that book you wouldn't otherwise read on a smartphone screen. It helps my reading speed drastically.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I actually second the Kindle Paperwhite recommendation, as I have a Kindle myself. The display is just so gentle on the eyes that it's really a joy to keep reading that book you wouldn't otherwise read on a smartphone screen. It helps my reading speed drastically.

Kindle paperwhite and kindle fire are two different things one us an ereader the other a tablet. Kindle paperwhite IMHO best ereader out there, I also have it, for sure I choose it over my mini r for reading!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The HDX does not allow a HDMI cable attachment, unlike the previous model, which is a shame. It still seems a lot better value than the iPad Mini, in terms of hardware. Is it not basically a small iPad 2, whereas you have upgraded to the iPad 4. Sounds like a recipe for disappointment.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Kindle paperwhite and kindle fire are two different things one us an ereader the other a tablet. Kindle paperwhite IMHO best ereader out there, I also have it, for sure I choose it over my mini r for reading!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

I wasn't referring to the Fire, my Kindle is in actual fact a third gen, which is probably prehistoric by now.

But the display a Kindle (not the Fire) has since the first always had the gentle touch.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't referring to the Fire, my Kindle is in actual fact a third gen, which is probably prehistoric by now.

But the display a Kindle (not the Fire) has since the first always had the gentle touch.

The original poster asked about the kindle fire

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Kindle Fire. I LOVE it ONLY for reading books and shopping on Amazon. I do everything else on the Mini iPad. I tried to use it for a tablet, but I just don't like the Android system at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl