Anybody NOT getting the 6 or 6 Plus?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, I wasn't going to, but I did. Went in yesterday to make some account changes, and get my daughters line set up.

I was originally going to put her on my BB q10, but decided to give her my 5s so I can use family share.

So far I like it better than I thought.

Congrats, enjoy, what did you go with the 6 or 6+.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Silver 6. The 6 Plus is just way too oversized. If I need something that big, I grab my MiniR.

Size was actually what held me back originally. It was a driving factor in my going back to Apple, from the Nexus 5 to the 5S. But, I played with my buddies for a while during a visit, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The form factor is far superior to the Androids of the same size, which helps a lot.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thought the same thing when I had my 5s, until I saw the 6. Screen is bigger than the 5s, but still easy to carry around.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I went to my Verizon store again Friday, took a VERY long look and played with the iPhone 6 extensively. As much as I LUV the screen size of the iPhone 6, I just couldn't "pull the trigger" (credit card). Maybe some day, but not that day....SMILE. I'll stick with my AWESOME GOLD 5s for now.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine not having my 6 Plus. This is the best phone I've ever used the screen size is perfect for me especially for videos and games. I wear cargo pants and shorts so no big deal for me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
👋I didn't get the 6 or 6+. After taking my time to decide...probably close to a month, I finally made a decision and went to Apple today and got a gold 32gb 5S. I love the look of it, and it turns out I'm very content with the screen size. I originally was gung-ho for a larger screen but I did alot of weighing out of pros/cons, the 4" screen works it's magic for me at this time.

Maybe next upgrade I'll go for a bigger screen....who knows ! All I know is I'm very happy with my choice and I LOVE the gold :D

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the 5 (I'm on the "non-s" cycle) and got the 6 a week ago. I liked it when I first opened the box...but now I'm missing the size of the 5/5s. My hands are kind of small (for a guy) and I loved the "pocketability" the 5 had. Plus it just felt more solid to me, throwing it in a bag or something like that. I am thinking of returning the 6 and going to the 5s. But I'm kind of afraid it'll be a step backwards...haha.

Habbanero

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
My first touch screen smartphone was a dell streak with a 5" screen. I couldn't use it properly with one hand and ended up with a 4s. Tried going back to android with a Samsung s5 (I know) and same issue despite the reduced weight. I really think the 5 and 5s hit the sweet spot in terms of size.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll wait. My 5s is only a year old. I'm not one to jump on the latest gadget. I find it gives me time to really figure out what I want and saves me money in the long run.

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Had a 4S. Bought a 6. Couldn't use it with one hand. Gave it to my son (who always uses two hands). Bought a 5S (no noticeable difference in performance from 6). Last iPhone I ever need to buy. Sell Apple shares now.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Been there, said that.

"My 5s does everything I need"
"The 6 Plus is too big"
"The 6 doesn't have enough ram"

Already having a Macbook Air, iPad Air and original iPad Mini I thought (all running latest appropriate OS) that my 5s would "do everything I need". I also thought, not even holding one, that the 6 Plus "would be too big."

WRONG!

I just upgraded a few days ago & am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. The issue is NOT that the 6 Plus is that big, it's that the 5s is too small. I'm using it "naked" and have no problems one handing it (calm down people) or concerned about it slipping out of my hand. It's the perfect functional size, maximizing the usefulness of all the things we're supposed to use a Smart Phone for.

Everyone says, "yea but now you don't use your MB Air, iPad Air or Mini do you"? Yes, of course I do - there are tasks & functions that are just more appropriate on those sized devices.

So, for what it's worth - don't listen to all the naysayers & doomers - UPGRADE already.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was all in for the 5S as well until I found a deal I felt I couldn't refuse! Happy to have the added real estate of the 6 and have even used reachability, or whatever it's called, in a few situations. :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got my third iPhone 6. I'm really wanting it. I think I just want to have one to play with. I swear if this third one is defective, I'll seriously cry. LOL

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got my third iPhone 6. I'm really wanting it. I think I just want to have one to play with. I swear if this third one is defective, I'll seriously cry. LOL

I had a moment of weakness last night where I was missing the size of the 5S and took to Craigslist. LOL I talked myself off the ledge though!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a moment of weakness last night where I was missing the size of the 5S and took to Craigslist. LOL I talked myself off the ledge though!

I actually have moments where I'll still take out my 5c and just stare at it. Man that phone really was a masterpiece in my eyes. If they'd made a 6c... Ahh.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting for my contract to end in November so then I'll switch to AT&T and get the 6s Plus either on Next 12 or on a two year contract from the Apple Store. If that doesn't work then I'll get the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on AT&T Next 12 from the AT&T Store.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have my times where I love my 6 plus and others where I would like the 5s. My solution. Get both. I ordered a 5s which will be here tomorrow. Now best of both worlds. I enjoy both phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77