Anybody getting buyers remorse?

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the iPad Mini Retina and I returned it at my job because I liked the Air better. I understand what the others have been saying about the size being more portable. But I don't think that the Air is too big to carry around and I love the extra screen size. It also helps that the Air is bigger because then I can attach a pretty big sized keyboard to it and use it for work or any other general typing.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Mini is awesome. I can see your point about keyboard. I use my PC laptop for word processing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had the 5s for a year and in November 2015 I'm eligible for an upgrade. I was going to get the 6s+ or whatever's it will be called but I just got an iPad mini 2 and I see no need to change now. I love my mini retina. My wife has an iPad 4 which is nice but it's too heavy. This one is perfect for me. No regrets!

Dave12308

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from the Nexus 7, Android's version of a 7" tablet; and to me the rMini is more like an 8" tablet. My previous experience with iOS is on an iPhone 4 and much later, iPhone 5. So the rMini, to me, seems vast. No remorse here at all, the Air felt awkwardly huge to me.

sparkeater79

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
No remorse here. I bought my wife's mini w/retina with 128gb of memory in feb 2013. It cost me almost $900 after taxes but she has a ridiculous amount of storage space for the years and babies to come. It has Verizon LTE and she loves it. She doesn't need to upgrade all the time as long as the thing she is using is made to last and it doesn't run out of memory. I know future iPads will be hard to resist but this mini 2 is so well built I don't see why it won't last us 5,10 years (especially with the fisher price otter box I bought for her for Christmas). I do want an apple desktop or laptop. I also bought my iPhone 6plus with 128 gb. I feel like it will help keep the value up, if I do decide to sell it. Basically if it doesn't have a memory card expansion slot just get the bigger storage..... You won't regret it.

Rieder59

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to take my mini retina to the Photography Club I belong and leave the laptop behind. Carrying cameras and the lappy + other gear is getting too much and it works brilliantly for me although I do have to take the lappy still some weeks. I use the iPad mini retina more than I did with my Tab 3 8" as it is longer so wider when viewing web sites. It is sleeker, more defined and more powerful so I feel good browsing whilst watching TV, a full size iPad would have been no good for me for what I do.

As far as storage is involved I got the 16GB knowing full well I would find a way around any storage issues. to this end I purchased a RavPower 5 in 1. It allows me to charge my phone and partial charge the iPad mini retina. I can use SD Cards in it, USB memory sticks and my external USB powered 500GB HDD and stream it to the iPad Mini Retina. When at home I use the LAN and the internal IP address of 192.168.0.xxx to connect to it via my browser. When out taking photographs and no network the RavPower sets its own Network Zone up and I can connect using a different IP address of 10.10.10.254. This is a brilliant setup for me and it makes the iPad mini retina unlimited storage via SD Cards, USB Memory sticks and USB HDD plus the streaming of videos and other content to it from the RavPower. Power backup and its own network zone.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't like having to depend on having an Internet signal in order to view my pics and videos and listen to music. And I drive a lot in Texas so no matter who the carrier it gets a little choppy. Plus I don't want to stream all my info. Why should I have to pay for the data to listen to music I own or watch a movie I own? When around Internet it is not a problem but when you have no signal you have no music or movies. I am glad some people can get around this, but for me I will just spend a little more and have all my data at my finger tips no matter where I am.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got home from scoring a 16GB, Silver Retina Mini. I'd sold my iPad 2 sometime last year to buy a friggin phone. Getting all my Apple products back piece by piece. Ha

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson