Annoying Problem with Apple ID

Acaluori

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Apparently, if you're using Firefox 8, it won't verify the email for some strange reason. Tried it with IE9 and it now works. Time to download some apps. :D

So I just got my new iPhone 4S and would really like to start downloading some apps. Unfortunately, whenever I try to do this, it says I need to verify my Apple ID because I haven't done that yet. When I get the email directing me to the verification page, I type in my email address (that I JUST used to get the verification email to begin with) and my password. After I do that, it doesn't work and this pops up, "This email address is already in use or you may already have an Apple ID associated with this email address. Please try again or sign in using your existing Apple ID."

Isn't the Apple ID supposed to be the email address? Anyone else have this issue? It's been extremely irritating trying to get this thing to work. Seeing as how apps are one of the best things going for the iPhone and I can't download any, it's quite the nuisance.

EDIT: If this thread doesn't go here, could someone direct me to where I'd get better help? Kinda new here. :p

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2