• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Android Guy Question

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I really want to come over to iPhone but I have a question... if I miss the beep when email arrives is there any icon on the homescreen to warn me to check missed email?

Can a warning appear on screen when phone is on but screen is off? Like Android has a dim clock on screen even when screen off and an envelope appears when you have unanswered email.

Anything like that on iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really want to come over to iPhone but I have a question... if I miss the beep when email arrives is there any icon on the homescreen to warn me to check missed email?

Can a warning appear on screen when phone is on but screen is off? Like Android has a dim clock on screen even when screen off and an envelope appears when you have unanswered email.

No there isn’t.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Is is anyone else aware of a way to do this so that if I have an email command I'm sure that I'll have some sort of a notification besides sound If that notification must also remain on the screen at least when the screen's on so that I'm aware a new email has come in and I don't go hours without replying?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not really, not on iOS. You can set a persistent notification that will stay on the screen and in the way until you swipe it away. The notification badge will be on the app as well, unless you disable it. You can also set up notification reminders in the notification settings. As long as you let the notification dismiss itself and don’t swipe it away, you should still be able to swipe down the notification tray and see it there, as well as on the Lock Screen. There is no way to see any sort of icon throughout the system for notifications on iOS though.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
persistent notification you mention seems to work for what I want?

Depending. You can have a banner or full screen notification stay there. It will always be there, and if you swipe it away then it clears the notification. So it’s more of a question of how annoying that would be to keep that notification there until you’re ready to handle it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Set it to “immediate delivery” on Notifications and your last incoming email will stay put on the drop down notification bar

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman