America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british government do da same?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The only way to have a universal off is to toggle the silent switch.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
The only way to have a universal off is to toggle the silent switch.

so if I press the silence switch ( the button on the left side of iPhone ) , the notification will cancel and thus saving some battery from background ?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british gov...

No that won't affect your battery life. It will silence them.
There is no global off for notifications, each is discrete. For example, I might not want to have FB notifications but I do want to have weather alerts come through. Therefore I have discrete settings to toggle.
If you want to turn everything off to save battery go to Airplane Mode. All notifications are off and battery use is minimal.

However, that also means nothing comes into your device.

So if what you want is no notifications, silence the device. If want you want are discrete notifications silenced, then you have to select individually. Or choose no notifications when you get each app.

Background activity is a whole different function.

View attachment 81048

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british gov...

No that won't affect your battery life. It will silence them.
There is no global off for notifications, each is discrete. For example, I might not want to have FB notifications but I do want to have weather alerts come through. Therefore I have discrete settings to toggle.
If you want to turn everything off to save battery go to Airplane Mode. All notifications are off and battery use is minimal.

However, that also means nothing comes into your device.

So if what you want is no notifications, silence the device. If want you want are discrete notifications silenced, then you have to select individually. Or choose no notifications when you get each app.

Background activity is a whole different function.

View attachment 81048

great , so if I turn off background apps refresh for that particular app , then I won't receive notification for that particular app anymore ?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british gov...

great , so if I turn off background apps refresh for that particular app , then I won't receive notification for that particular app anymore ?

That's two different things.
Background refresh is to keep the app from maintaining a refresh cycle.
Notifications alerts you and that's a different setting individually. Some examples:

View attachment 81051
View attachment 81052

You can choose no alert even in the notification centre.

However if you terminate background refresh then you won't receive alerts at all unless you go in manually.

That's what I mean by discrete settings for alerts. The only way to silence all at once I s to toggle silent. Otherwise it's individual settings.

By the way the same Is true in other platforms.
c0062e21bc25443c98c0b45d8d45793e.jpg

28cec0097013695e52c0c1091990e407.jpg

Last edited:

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british gov...

That's two different things.
Background refresh is to keep the app from maintaining a refresh cycle.
Notifications alerts you and that's a different setting individually. Some examples:

View attachment 81051
View attachment 81052

so it means there is no method to disable all notification in one

the only way is to disable it 1 by 1 in this following page

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1430582973.508137.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what you want to do.
When I go to church I don't want notifications to sound but I still want them coming in so I toggle silent.
If I don't want notifications from an app I specify that individually. A discrete setting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
so if I press the silence switch ( the button on the left side of iPhone ) , the notification will cancel and thus saving some battery from background ?

It doesn't silence everything.

(Ringer Switch) What the Ringer Switch Does Mute:

Phone-call ringtones
Text-message alert tones
Notification alert tones (from iPhone apps and third-party apps)
Calendar alerts
Reminders
Camera sounds (snapping a photo)
Game music
What the Ringer Switch Doesn?t Mute

Alarms from the Clock app (example, setting an alarm to go off at 6 am).
Timers from the Clock app (example, setting a 15-minute countdown timer).
Audio from the iPhone?s Music app (example, playing the Beatle?s ?Hey Jude?).
Audio from the iPhone?s Video app (example, playing an episode of Lost).
Some audio from third-party apps like streaming radio, video, and music (examples, playing a radio station via the TuneIn Radio app or a video in the YouTube app).
Tones when tapped in the iPhone?s various settings (for example, when changing your ringtone or text-message alert tone) and in the Clock app (for example, when selecting what sound the iPhone will make when the timer runs down to zero).
Tones when changing the volume of Ringer and Alerts in Settings?>Sounds
A sound alert when sent from the Find My iPhone service.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77